What's new

How can I get a replacement DVD case? (1 Viewer)

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
*******UPDATE*************

I just got back the missing case. The people found it and mailed it back. I have closure now and can finally sleep.

I loaned my copy of The Matrix to someone a little while ago and all I got back was the DVD disc. They claim not to know what happened to the case. This really sucks because I don't want to hassle them anymore while running the risk of being rude, but I know that I'll never see my case again.

Is there anyway to buy a replacement case for the disc? Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Well, with snappers it a little tricky.

However, you can probably get the original cover art for The Matrix from DVDCoverArt.com and purchase a keepcase to put it in. That would do the trick.

ChrisChap

Stunt Coordinator
Better yet, get the cover art off the net and wait a few days until AOL sends you a free keep case...

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
This really sucks because I don't want to hassle them anymore while running the risk of being rude, but I know that I'll never see my case again.
Personally, I don't think it would be "rude" to "suggest" to them that they replace it for you, even if that means purchasing a copy of the disc. I mean, $15 won't break the bank. I would never consider returning a borrowed disc to someone with a case missing...

-Scott

Andy_MT

Second Unit
maybe you should consider getting a replacement friend (assuming they are).

and why don't you want to be rude ? they were rude to you by not taking care of your DVD. i'd borrow one of their DVDs and just return the disc and see what their reaction is.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
How can one get a replacement snapper plastic portion. My copy of Swordfish, the center hub was so badly damaged it won't hold the disc at all, even just at home with being very careful. For now I stuffed a pad of paper inside the cover to hold the disc in place.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

They've been incredibly rude to start with, showing complete disregard for someone else's property.

I'd say they deserve all the hassle you can dish out...and then even more. :angry:

Perhaps you should borrow their car and return it without tires and a windshield.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
well, these friends are more like my parents friends. so it's really my parents who don't want to bother their friends anymore over something like a dvd case.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just tell them you don't loan out movies. Direct them to the nearest Blockbuster.

Andy_MT

Second Unit
tell them you've lent it out to someone else. or tell 'em to sod off. which ever works best for you.

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom

I'm in agreement with Joseph_mx & anyone else who doesn't like to loan out their discs. I do occasionally but that's only to people I know I can trust w/them.

I think you shouldn't be meek & tell your friend the truth; that you loaned it to them in good faith (maybe...) & they should return it in the same condition. I'd start bugging the hell outta this twerp who obviously stole the case from you! Or loaned it to another friend who stole the case. Or maybe his/her dog chewed it up.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I agree, I really don't like loaning them out, I just know other people are not going to take the same care of them that I do.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Walmart sells empty keepcases.

You could also find a 'mom and pop' video store that has a copy machine.

Just grab the box and photocopy.

Or download the cover art and print, if you have a good printer.

Or you could pickup that Matrix Unleashed (whatever it's called) and throw both discs in that case.

Robert Dunnill

Second Unit
From April 9, 2000:
Finally - an address for replacement snapper case inserts! Remove the cardboard art liners of the cases, and mail the broken plastic tray insert to: Margaret Higgins, Ivy Hill Corp., 375 Hudson St., New York, NY 10014. Upon receipt, they will mail you new replacement inserts, apparently at no cost.
I don't know if the information is still good or not.

RD

Karl F

Stunt Coordinator
If you have a friend who works in a video store, or if your local video clerks are friendly, you might check and see if that store has extra boxes kicking around (from movies that have been stolen or broken). I've got a couple of boxes full of covers here at my store (mostly VHS, though, and no Matrix -- I checked), and the other store I used to work at had a couple of shelves full...so I don't know what the policy is at other stores, but you might try asking around.

There used to be a company, in fact, that had a warehouse full of VHS boxes. We ordered some from them to replace damaged or stolen boxes, and they would take payment or empty boxes in trade. This was six or so years ago, though, and I don't see their ads in the trade mags anymore.

--K

Randy Schissler

Stunt Coordinator
what should i say to someone who wants to borrow a DVD of mine without being rude for next time?
You say: "Well, the last time I let someone borrow a DVD of mine, I only got back half of it, so from then on I decided that I wasn't going to let anyone borrow DVD's from me. Sorry."

--Randy S.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks