What's new

How Bad is Triple Play 2002 Really? (1 Viewer)

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator
Oddly enough, Gamespot gave it an 8.6. I thought it was usually the other way around.
I would still be careful, the average user rating on the gamespot page is only a 5.7 (out of 106 reviews).

Are there any good baseball games coming out this year? The reviews for All-Star 2003 were bad too.

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
I would still be careful, the average user rating on the gamespot page is only a 5.7 (out of 106 reviews).
Oh, don't worry, I wouldn't buy a baseball game anyway. I just thought it was interesting that Gamespot gave it such a high review when IGN slammed it.

On another note, what is up with EA lately? First NBA Live is another disappointment, then March Madness (with NO dynasty mode, not even a season mode???) now Triple Play 2002. Going downhill in the sports genre it seems. Hopefully the curse doesn't affect Madden and NCAA Football, my two favorites.

Manuel

Stunt Coordinator
I finally got the chance to play this game. First, let me say that I like the arcade style show that the game has had (music, announcements, ect...). However, I had only played this on a PC and this is the first time I have played it on a console.

1. There are way too many homeruns. I do not mind 3-4 per game but you can hit homeruns all day long.

2. I thought that the graphics were not that good considering the advancement of graphics over the last few years. It seemed like it was another roster upgrade only type of game.

3. No franchise, ect...

4. Gameplay, sound, commentary are fine.

If you like this series, it is more of the same. I am glad I rented it. The few sport games that I have bought have had a dynasty/franchise mode which keeps the game going. To me HH (rented) was waaay to boring. I have not played ASB but I hear it is also boring. I'm hoping that WSB will live up to my expectations.

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
I was not too impressed with the Xbox version of Triple Play. It seemed nearly identical to last year's PS2 version, but with noticeably jerky, choppy animations.

On the other hand, I'm really getting into "Home Run King" for the Gamecube. Yeah, the graphics aren't quite as snappy as "Triple Play," and it's a little arcadey, but man, it is FUN. If you've got a 'Cube and you're looking for a baseball title, at least rent this one and check it out.

Anxiously awaiting World Series Baseball 2K3 for my Xbox as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks