How Bad is Triple Play 2002 Really?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BenS, Mar 22, 2002.

1. BenS

BenS Stunt Coordinator

Just wanting to know why IGN gave it a 3.8.

2. Marvin Richardson

Marvin Richardson Supporting Actor

3. Randall Z

Randall Z Stunt Coordinator

4. Marvin Richardson

Marvin Richardson Supporting Actor

5. Frank Tran

Frank Tran Agent

6. Manuel

Manuel Stunt Coordinator

I finally got the chance to play this game. First, let me say that I like the arcade style show that the game has had (music, announcements, ect...). However, I had only played this on a PC and this is the first time I have played it on a console.

1. There are way too many homeruns. I do not mind 3-4 per game but you can hit homeruns all day long.

2. I thought that the graphics were not that good considering the advancement of graphics over the last few years. It seemed like it was another roster upgrade only type of game.

3. No franchise, ect...

4. Gameplay, sound, commentary are fine.

If you like this series, it is more of the same. I am glad I rented it. The few sport games that I have bought have had a dynasty/franchise mode which keeps the game going. To me HH (rented) was waaay to boring. I have not played ASB but I hear it is also boring. I'm hoping that WSB will live up to my expectations.

7. Brandon_H

Brandon_H Stunt Coordinator

I was not too impressed with the Xbox version of Triple Play. It seemed nearly identical to last year's PS2 version, but with noticeably jerky, choppy animations.

On the other hand, I'm really getting into "Home Run King" for the Gamecube. Yeah, the graphics aren't quite as snappy as "Triple Play," and it's a little arcadey, but man, it is FUN. If you've got a 'Cube and you're looking for a baseball title, at least rent this one and check it out.

Anxiously awaiting World Series Baseball 2K3 for my Xbox as well.