What's new

How are the Visiontek GeForce 4 4200? (1 Viewer)

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Looking for some opinions on this card. Best Buy has them for $179.99 plus a free 10 dollar gift card this week. Would I see much of a difference form a GeForce 3 Ti 200?

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
You will see a hell of a difference on the new, yet-to-be-released games, such as Unreal Tournament 2003 and Doom 3, as they are taking advantage of the advanced pixel shaders of the GeForce 4. The Ti4200 is a good card.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Definitely the best bang for the buck right now. They are even better then the GeForce3 TI 500s. I have the Chaintech GeForce4 TI 4200 128MB version and I get 115 fps on Quake 3 at 1024x768 with every setting maxed and Quincunx antialiasing enabled, it looks awesome.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
What is the correct display driver to use with XP? I've been having some issues with the driver causing crashes. I downloaded the the driver that is supposed to be compatible with XP, but I do recall it crashing at least once more because of the driver. The Ti4200 came preloaded with a Starforce driver that was only compatible with Windows 2000, ME or 98/95. Is there a new driver that just came out very recently? If possible, provide a link to a page to download the newest drivers. I am using the CD-Rom but if I recall correctly, the page it directs me to isn't valid anymore.

Bruce

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'm using the latest Detonator drivers from Nvidia.com and I've had no problems so far...

-Dave

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Get this card if you need something right now. If not wait a week or two as ATi will launch the R300 on the 17th of July...this is the card that ran Doom III at E3.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Travis and Dave,
The Detonator is the driver that I downloaded. I must point out that the card and driver seemed to work fine until I was visiting in the Kazaa Desktop. Before, with the old driver, it crashed every 2 minutes. With the Detonator, it only crashed the one time and I had been in Kazaa for a good deal of time. So...if it gets frequent, I'll worry about it. If anything, I'll just avoid Kazaa as that seemed to be the site that caused the driver to crash.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks