What's new

How about a "Ronald Reagan Signature Collection"? (1 Viewer)

JohnPM

Second Unit
If nothing else, the Reagan set is more than justified by the inclusion of "King's Row", a great movie that a lot of people want very much on DVD, and "Storm Warning" has been requested many times on this and other forums. Doris Day fans will be pleased to have two more of her features available ("Storm Warning" and "The Winning Team"), and the inclusion of "Knute Rockne" is clearly going to please a lot of fans. I think Warners made a very good selection here.

http://greenbriarpictureshows.blogspot.com/

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
As I said before, read the novel "KINGS ROW" by Henry Bellamann before you see the DVD- you'll be surprised to see what was left out of the movie!

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Jefrrey, answering your question. I'll get the Maisie and Dr. Kildare box set, and reading the posts in this forum, I believe a lot of us will do the same.
Ok, these series may not be as popular as they were in the time they were filmed, but they sure have their fanbase. And not only that, since WB has gaining all that prestige regarding classic pictures, I'm sure a lot of consumers will take a chance and get them even without knowing the picures, just because they trust the product quality...not to mention their prices, that are lower than any other studio company...

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Maybe there is a rights issue, but one extra I would have liked to have been included are some of the WW2 training films that Reagan narrated. AMC did a documentary on these (not just the Reagan ones) some years back and it was fascinating. A lot of very recognizable names/faces participated in these. Many of these were produced in conjunction with Warner Brothers but I'm not sure if they owned them or if the US gov't did.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member

Are you referring to things like the short that's one of the extras on the Yankee Doodle Dandy 2-disc SE? Reagan narrated the wartime film on that one, although I think it's pretty long for a "short," about 3 reels if I remember right.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
One Ronald Reagan Warner Brothers film that I would love to see released is a fully-restored This Is The Army. I believe that UCLA did a Technicolor restoration a while ago, and since the original negatives are part of the Turner catalog, why hasn't this been given an official release? It's time to end the PD versions of this title- if Till The Clouds Roll By can get an official release, why not This Is The Army??

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator
Well, another vote here for both the Reagan boxset and the James Stewart one. These Warner boxsets are such good value for money. Really looking forward to owning Kings Row on DVD, plus The Hasty Heart is a great film and I get 2 steps closer to owning all of Doris Day's films on DVD. Can't be bad!

2 films I would have also liked to have seen in the Reagan boxset are the long unseen (at least here in Britain) The Voice of the Turtle and Desperate Journey with Errol Flynn. Does anyone know whether Desperate Journey is being prepped for the second Flynn boxset in 2007?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks