What's new

Houston Area HT Interest Group Meet - Saturday, May 3, 2003 (1 Viewer)

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
We are planning a local Houston-area HT meet for Saturday, May 3, 2003. Since a lot of folks wanted to try out the D-Box HT tactile enhancement at Audio Concepts the last time we did this, but weren't able to make it for the demos, we'll go there again this time. They have a number of new movies set up to demo with it, so it would still be new fun for those who have dome it before. They also have some other new equipment on display that folks might find interesting.

The meeting times have not been set yet – we can go to AC at 10 AM and the restaurant at noon, or do lunch at 11 AM and go to check out the store at 2 PM. I'm waiting for feedback from attendees as to whether you want the store visit before or after lunch. If we do it before, as the tentative schedules indicate, that will reduce the time we can schedule for the lunch (since the restaurant is going to close at the same time regardless of when we decide to show up.)

I haven't made the restaurant reservation either, although I think so far, everyone has enjoyed Shanghai River, and its not like we're going there every week of the year. But it is far enough in advance that we could go arrange to go somewhere else, too. In the past, participants have asked that we find a place that has a private room that will accommodate the group, will do separate checks, takes American Express and will serve premium wine by the glass. And has good food at a reasonable price.

Any thoughts? More details will be forthcoming soon.

Burke

PS -- folks from out of town are welcome to join us.

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
By popular demand, the schedule for the meet on Saturday, May 3, 2002 is going to be:

11:00 AM -- Lunch -- Shanghai River

2:00 PM -- Demos -- Audio Concepts

You may RSVP here or via email to me.

Hope to see you on May 3rd!

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
A dozen folks have RSVP'd "yes" so far. That still leaves plenty of room for others who would like to attend. Please try to let me know by noon Friday so I can give the restaurant a reasonably accurate head count.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks