What's new

House season 7 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
^ Yes, David Shore confirmed that he would have done the last dozen episodes or so differently if he knew Lisa Edelstein wasn't coming back. The finale filmed weeks ago. Edelstein only decided not to come back a few days ago.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Adam, I stand corrected - nonetheless, still thought they could have done better.

Doug Smith

Second Unit
I have a feeling the first show next year will be a make or break one. House fans will judge whether this show has fallen off the edge, or if it will continue to be "must see" television until the series finale (I assume next year?).

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No problem for this House fan, I'm watching until the end of the series. I guess I must be easy since I haven't had much problem with the changes over the years - the

original crew, the 2nd crew, Masters, the PI, House/Cuddy, the Mental Hospital version, Patient vs Character shows, the several 'experimental' episodes they've done

have all been perfectly OK with me.

If they want to have Laurie doing Shakespeare sonnets while Taub, Wilson, and Foreman do interpretive dance routines in the background I'll watch at least half dozen episodes

just to see what the payoff is in the end -- so far there has always been enough to satiate me even with some of the more bizarre eps unlike the folks that have been claiming

the show has become a shadow of itself since midway through the 3rd season (much less so on this forum than in a couple others I monitor happily). The same people who

say they are tired of the predictable formula of 3 Misdiagnoses then A-ha moment are the same people who seem to be most vocal when the show tries anything else.

PatH

Second Unit
I'll watch next year, but, much as I love Lisa Edelstein (and that's a lot), it's simplicity indeed for the producers to borrow a page from fast-dwindling daytime drama and recast. Oh, I know, no one can play Cuddy like Lisa, but no one can play Bond like X or Tarzan (if anyone remembers Tarzan) like Y or . . . you get the point. Such discussions will keep boards going for longer than most of us will live. And, if the series has only one year to go, why not? Melina Kanakarides, recently dropped from CSI: NY because of her own pay dispute, might be available, for example.

I personally agree with others here that seeing House in exile on a beach would have been a most satisfactory ending, but perhaps next year, he should hook up with Thirteen. After all, as he said, her life expectancy ranges from dinner and a movie to the lifespan of a good sitcom, so for a man like House who can't make commitments, that should be perfect.

PatH

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Edelstein landed a gig on "The Good Wife".

http://www.tvline.com/2011/06/exclusive-the-good-wife-retains-lisa-edelstein/

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, yeah, for Edelstein, she's joining a show on the rise, so good for her. I think unless Fox is super-hard-up for programming, next season will be it for House and the gang.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks