What's new

House of 1,000 Corpses news? (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
From www.darkhorizons.com :
"I was at the Rob Zombie concert here at the House of Blues in Las Vegas last night, and he read a letter to the audience from the MPAA ratings board and he said that his film has finally received an R rating, and that it had to care a special label with it saying why it was rated R, he mentioned a few of the reason the first one was for sadistic violence and gore, sexuality and language there was one or two more. He said he had received it about 2 hours ago which would have been around 7 pm. He then sang the House of 1000 Corpses song and showed some footage. the footage looked great".
Nice to hear something on this flick after all this time! Here's hoping some brave distributor picks it up already...

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I thought Zombie wasn't going to cut this in order to get an R rating. Isn't that why the original distributor dropped the movie? Why would he change his mind now withou a distributor?

Julie K

Screenwriter
IIRC, originally Zombie was going to deliver an R rated cut to Universal. It was Universal, namely Stacy Snider, who got cold feet when seeing a rough cut. I don't think they wanted any part of it no matter what it was rated. (I remember the original news article where Snider comes off as someone with a total aversion to horror.)

But I did think this news was a bit odd, because I had heard that Zombie was going back and adding more and gorier shots to the film.

Anyway, I can't wait to see it.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I am just ready to see this movie...

Hopefully it will find a company that has enough gonads to release the film the way it should be.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
sadistic violence and gore
smiley_puke2.gif

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
C'mon Terrell, sadistic violence and gore is what this forum is built on :D
...I'll be there, gotta love Rob Zombie.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
I'm not a Rob Zombie fan AT ALL.

But from what I've seen of this one, I'll be there opening night with bells on.

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
thought Zombie wasn't going to cut this in order to get an R rating. Isn't that why the original distributor dropped the movie? Why would he change his mind now withou a distributor?
I took the above quote to mean just that. They finally did give it an R rating, but with a disclaimer.

We all know about Soft R and Hard R ratings. Ya know the soft R's where a character lets one too many "fucks" out of his mouth or a nipple shot that would have been granted a PG-13 if it was shortened by a few secongs.

I took it as saying that it was in fact an "R" but here's why. Gore,yadayadayada, Sex, yadayada, etc.

What do the rest of you think.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
I dont see how films like Bully and Kids, which can be incredibly distasteful and disturbing to many people, can find a distributor, while Zombie's movie can't. No, I haven't seen this film nor am I sure what exactly its about. But Zombie himself, judging from his last two albums, seems like someone who just wanted to make an over the top, spooky, gorefest that were so common in the 80's but eventual found themselves replaced by slasher films in the 90s.

Julie K

Screenwriter
Yes, I have real high hopes for this film. Zombie is a horror fan and I think undertands what makes a good horror film.

I read one tidbit where Zombie was saying that Universal wanted a somewhat happy ending where at least one person lives. He responded "No, no one lives."

And then there's the song of the same name.

"She's got a corpse under her bed

She had her fun and now he's dead

Her momma said Let's feed desire

Her brother said Hey throw him on the fire."

I'm so jazzed. If I could only see two movies this summer it would be this one and Dagon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks