What's new

House, M.D. season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Ron Livingston is one of my favorite actors, he was great and funny as Peter in Office Space and he was amazing and had great range as Nixon in Band of Brothers. So it was great to see him as a doctor on House and one that may as well be House ... If he were giving and caring, but just as opinionated and pig headed as ever.
Great episode. I look forward to more from this show. I always forget how amazing of an actor Hugh Laurie is and how well he plays Dr. House.
The "apology" at the end was great.

David Hobbes

Stunt Coordinator
rather risque the way House responded to the patient with breast cancer after she told him she didn't swallow...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/8/05

Gawd, the dialogue on this show is just so juicy and fun. I swear I laugh more in an hour of House than I do for most shows that purport to be comedies.

So House is somebody's son, and Cameron's curiousity gets her to put some wheels in motion just so she could observe House under parental presence. Good thing she backed off accordingly. Watching House do his best to get out of dinner with his parents was played for good laughs.

Loved Wilson's response to House's experiment with friends loaning friends money.

"A drunk man broke into their house."

Loved House applying the "always lying to one another" schtick once the pattern emerged (but it was also in direct contrast with House's father's honest discourse, and House's uneasiness about such displays of parental support in his own upbringing).

The actual case's resolution was scary as hell. Yowzers.

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
This show has really found it's groove, I was a little worried abou the second season, but they have brought his a-holeness to a whole new level.
They really did a good job of intertwining the father/son truth/lie story with House and the patient.

I might have to try that money lending trick!

They could not have picked a better father for house
R. Lee Ermey

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
but once I did his character really started to take hold. Its good to see him in a real role again.

I can see some real interesting contrasting possibilities between House's reckless disregard for the rules and his father's strict military adherence to them. Hopefully he has at least semi-recurring role.

Hugh Laurie continues to show a real talent for taking a character that is brash, arrogant, reckless, a jerk and a drug addict not to mention brillant and make him a likeable person that an audience can root for. If he doesn't win an Emmy for this role at some point there is something seriously wrong with the universe.

Did anyone else catch Houses response to Cameron when she said she was making dinner plans?? It sounded to me almost like a jealous response. I wonder if there is more in the works for that sub-plot.

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
Oh and I loved the Wilson's line when House and Wilson are checking out Houses new ride...something like...

"A drug addicted cripple on a bike. What great idea."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/15/05

House was bringing the funny tonight. Love the snippiness between Stacy's hubby and House, and also between Stacy and House. Tom Lenk had all sorts of MILF thoughts going on. Wilson and Cameron reveal a bit about their character, and Wilson's a ho! :) Some of the bits with House's crew amusing themselves about his hunches were pretty funny.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
House has so many great one liners it's hard to remember them all.
This show just keeps getting better.

"Dude... I'm crippled."

"I love it when you do both sides of the conversation, it's like white noise, it's very peaceful."

my favorite
"Right. The Cripple Boys, we should start a band."

Lastly
"This is exactly why I created Nurse's... Clean up on aisle 3!"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/22/05

The best moment so far in this series had to be when House sussed out the Cameron and Chase's booty call the night before, and then comes Foreman's reaction to House's imminently correct diagnosis given her rapid pacing and interrogatory deficiency when asking about House and Foreman's raincoat policy, but skipping over Chase. OMG, that was awesome.

Loved the hunt for Steve McQueen and the extreme measures to diagnose the little feller.

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
My favorite episode since "Three Stories". Almost everything that happened and everything the characters did just rang "true".

Cameron taking either Ecstacy or Crystal Method. I belive it was Ecstacy by how they portrayed her actions.

I have past personal experience with what I think Cameron took. Though how they portray her experience isn't right, the next day when she was strung out is pretty close and most importantly the end result is spot on. After the high is gone all i've ever felt was regret. I could really relate to how she felt and how she couldn't belive what she did.

With House reading Stacy's file.

I am also glad that Stacy was intelligent enough to figure out what House did. It was totally wrong and manipulative. It really made it tuff for me to root for House. Something that for me is key to my enjoyment of the show.

JerryB

Grip
Anyone see House's address? 221B (same address number as Sherlock Holmes - House's thematic ancestor). Nice touch.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

House never does anything by accident. He wanted Stacy to know what he did so she would hate him, *after* he ascertained that she still loved him. Perhaps it was his way of being honorable, to stop her mooning over him and for her to be happy with her husband... or perhaps he's a selfish, lonely bastard. Imho, it's somewhere in the middle, but he definitely wanted an end to the situation.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
House practices Tough Medicine(tm). I'm pretty sure he pushed Stacy back to Mark, but in his own way once he had enough to diagnose the problem, and set up the situations to bring out the right responses/reactions.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I spotted the Sherlock Holmes reference (221B address). Now that I think about it - House is a bit like the great detective. When he has to work the clinic - he diagnoses people by observing them and noticing little things. This appears to be a common thread.

If I go back, I wonder if there are other "Sherlock Holmes" gags in previous episodes.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/29/05

Once again, House shows what a great medical dramedy it is.

The best part was House's bribe/blackmail of the transplant surgeon. Hilarious.

Loved the turnabout, with Wilson's closing line: "I guess I'm his best friend."

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Which is only fitting. Sherlock Holmes, was the creation of Sir Aurthur Conan Doyle, who was trained as a medical doctor, although he quit medicine for writing early in his career. Doyle based the character of Holmes on one of his teachers, Dr. Joseph Bell, who was considered one of the most brilliant diagnosticians of the time. Bell would often deduce a patient's occupation and history without asking any questions, purely based on observation. Doyle anticipated modern scientific policing by having Holmes apply the same principles of observation, experiment and logic to criminal problems that doctors like Bell did to medical ones.

Regards,

Joe

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Last night was equal parts hilarious and compelling. Love the setup for the next episodes...it should be a lot of fun.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

True if it is only 1 or 2 episodes. If they make the change permanant, it will change the dynamics that make the show so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks