What's new

Hot Stove League Baseball Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, on PTI they said that Mark Prior might start the year on the DL for the Cubs.

I know that the tournament is hot right now, but things are beginning to heat up baseball wise also, we've got some real games coming up in Japan next week with the season opening April 6 for most teams, who's ready?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
A few bits of news from around MLB.

Ugueth Urbinia found himself a team...well sort of...he signed with the Detroit Tigers.

Atlanta made 2 trades in less than a day to address their questionable bullpen, IMO though its still questionable. They acquired Chris Reitsma from Cincinnati and Juan Cruz from the Cubs.

Mark Prior will start the season on the DL.

Phil L

Supporting Actor
Think George is mad at Clemens and Pettite? Donovan Osbourne is wearing #46, Leiber is wearing #22.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I am really concerned about Prior and wonder if the Cubs are holding back info. He's had this Achilles issue since last September and a whole offseason's worth of rest did nothing to fix it. And now they think a few weeks on the DL will help? All of a sudden the Cubs' rotation looks vulnerable.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Isn't the Achilles the same problem as Garciaparra has? He's showing no signs of being able to play either.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I didn't see the colision but it must have been violent. Oakland A's second basemen Mark Ellis is out for the year as a result of injuries suffered in a colision with his teammate. From the sounds of it, he suffered the same type of shoulder injury as Rich Gannon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks