What's new

Horrors of the Black Museum DVD: released or delayed? (1 Viewer)

Thomas Hart

Stunt Coordinator
I've been dying to get this obscure horror film for a while now, especially since VCI has delayed it numerous times. "Horrors of the Black Museum" WAS supposed to be released this past Tuesday (4/29) along with another VCI DVD I want "Target Earth". But any news I can find is convoluted amd doesn't really tell me if these 2 DVD are released or again postponed (plus VCI website has been removed for the past month, but it's not like they updated on a regular basis or anything anyway).

Does anyone know what is going on with these two films (and VCI)? :frowning:

William Miller

Second Unit
They have been announced, then canceled, then advertised in magazines, then postponed, then they were on their website, then they disappeared from the website, then the website disappeared, then they were announced again for the third time for April 29th release but I don't think they came out.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
The Laser's Edge website indicates that TARGET EARTH is shipping now, but that HORRORS has been reskedded to 5/27.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Roan laser disc put out such classics as "Gorgo", "Target Earth" and the double horror feature of "Horrors of the Black Museum and The Headless Ghost" in their original OAR and were beautiful prints! :D

When VCI put out "Gorgo" on DVD, I sold my laser thinking the DVD would be better...what a piece of crap!

I would be very hesitant to repurchase these other titles from them. They sure as hell aren't using the same source material or even close to it that the Roan Group used.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Thomas Hart

Stunt Coordinator
Well, so far I only own 5 DVD titles from VCI: Mario Bava's "Blood and Black Lace" & "Whip and the Body", Argento's corrected "Bird With the Crystal Plumage", "City of the Dead", and "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" and have not been disappointed with any of these discs (picture or extra-wise).

I have not seen any DVD reviews for "Target Earth" or "HOTBM" yet, but hope they are up to the standards of the previous mentioned titles. Plus, I want to hear the audio commentary on both discs by the recently decreased Herman Cohen.

I wonder how the RUMORED new special edition of John Carpenter's "Dark Star" will fair now?

Ron Morgan

Agent
BLACK MUSEUM should be out by the end of May. VCI sent out advance discs to a select few and the word is it looks fabulous, although it may not be framed as wide as the laser.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
It's a disc I've been waiting for what seems like an eternity, but I'm looking forward to finally receiving Horrors of the Black Museum when it streets.

Jonathan.e

Stunt Coordinator
Been out in France in the full widescreen ratio for a while now. Don’t get your hopes up if you haven’t seen it as it’s a very mediocre movie indeed. Quite sadistic though.

My Target Earth shipped from Deep Discount a couple of days ago.

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
Yes, I was just about to say that. The first batch is defective and they are being redone. As for the picture quality , VCI got a restored amd remasterd transfer for Studio Canal in France. So it should look stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks