What's new

Hoping to enjoy photography again... (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Here's the first one. This is Lake Marie. I shot two views of it and one of Mirror Lake, which is right next to it, and a few other grab shots. Believe it or not, it was 40 degrees up there. After I'd been there a while the wind got so bad I called it a day. This is a multiple exposure panorama, shot vertically, so the full image is nearly 60MP.

Not sure how I feel about that freakishly tall tree on the right.

Lake Marie 1b.jpg

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This is Mirror Lake. Unfortunately, the clouds had pretty much gone away by the time I got there.

Mirror Lake #1.jpg

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Nice shots. John. I especially like the panorama photo. Although it is not considered ideal, I actually like a mostly blue sky sometimes with a mountain shot -- I think the color adds a nice contrast. I do understand your apprehension on the tree in the first shot. I sometimes like to frame shots with trees on the edge of the frame, but that one is a little too tall in relation to the other trees in the stand (sort of like a loose hair ;) ). However, if you crop those trees out, you'd lose some of your foreground boulders on the right, and those work really well in the composition.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I may have to cheat and do something about that tree. The altitude there is a little over 10,000 ft and the wind is intense, so none of the trees is very healthy llooking. The wind was so bad by the time I shot at Mirror Lake, that shot isn't entirely sharp, even with a tripod and a fairly fast shutter speed. Sort of a waste because it is an enormous image. Almost 100MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks