Our Miss Brooks
December Bride
Trackdown
Sheriff of Cochise (U.S. Marshall)
The Lineup
Whirlybirds
Science Fiction Theater
I Married Joan
To be fair, though, a lot (though not all) of what's on you list wasn't even in reruns 20-30 years ago (or longer).

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Neil Brock said:
Yes, but so many others are buried:

Life of Riley
Private Secretary
The Ann Sothern Show
My Little Margie
Oh Susanna
Love That Bob
The People's Choice
Our Miss Brooks
December Bride
Trackdown
Sheriff of Cochise (U.S. Marshall)
The Lineup
Whirlybirds
Science Fiction Theater
I Married Joan
And a lot more than that .

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
If this were to happen, I'd be very interested in what the 70's chanel might dig up. It would be great if the chanel would be the first to air all of Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman since it's original 1976 airing.

Also if they would really dig up some long gone shows like Hot L Baltimore, Bob, Carol, Ted and Alice, Holmes and Yo-yo, On The Rocks, unedited Flip Wilson, Makin' It, Lucan and a few others that don't come to mind right now.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
They could air Sugar Time, Carter Country, CPO Sharkey, Tony Randall Show, Nancy Walker Show, Paul Lynde Show, Temperature's Rising.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Kasey said:
They could air Sugar Time, Carter Country, CPO Sharkey, Tony Randall Show, Nancy Walker Show, Paul Lynde Show, Temperature's Rising.
It would be great if those aired on the 70s channel. More likely we'll get things like Mary Tyler Moore Show, Bob Newhart Show, Barney Miller, One Day At A Time and all of the other long running shows.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Maybe the early days of these channels will be like early Comedy Channel/Ha! days and they will be mercifully unable to afford the more famous shows.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The Quad (it has a name now) has a survey up asking what shows people want to see. Its really SOS (same old shit). 95% of the shows they list are out already on DVD, complete and uncut so who even cares. About the rarest show on their 60s and 70s list is Phyllis. So it looks like they just intend to run the same shows that have already been run to death over and over.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Bad enough most of the shows are already available on DVD; the majority of them are already being aired on other channels now.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I am grateful for Me-TV and Antenna- not only have I gotten re-acquainted with old favorites, but there are shows I have discovered to my heart's conent, like Flipper and McHale's Navy. Now, I would also like to see some seldom-shown classics on those channels like:

Topper
December Bride
The Farmer's Daughter
Nanny & The Professor
He & She
Love on a Rooftop
Our Miss Brooks
The Mod Squad
The High Chaparral

-and many more.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Charles Ellis said:
I am grateful for Me-TV and Antenna- not only have I gotten re-acquainted with old favorites, but there are shows I have discovered to my heart's conent, like Flipper and McHale's Navy. Now, I would also like to see some seldom-shown classics on those channels like:

Topper
December Bride
The Farmer's Daughter
Nanny & The Professor
He & She
Love on a Rooftop
Our Miss Brooks
The Mod Squad
The High Chaparral

-and many more.n
I've seen Topper in syndicated reruns, distributed by King World back in the 80s. You can find N & TP on Hulu. You just might get to see OMB remastered sometime in the future from CBSTD.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Charles Ellis said:
I am grateful for Me-TV and Antenna- not only have I gotten re-acquainted with old favorites, but there are shows I have discovered to my heart's conent, like Flipper and McHale's Navy. Now, I would also like to see some seldom-shown classics on those channels like: TopperDecember BrideThe Farmer's DaughterNanny & The ProfessorHe & SheLove on a RooftopOur Miss BrooksThe Mod SquadThe High Chaparral -and many more.
From your lips to God's ears,Jthree

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Neil Brock said:
Yes, but they are considered unimportant by advertisers because they aren't easily bamboozled by commercials.
Which is why I'm convinced that IDIOCRACY is the greatest science fiction movie ever made. Don't forget 77 SUNSET STRIP. SURFSIDE 6, HAWAIIAN EYE, ADVENTURES IN PARADISE and THE THIRD MAN to add to that wonderful list above!

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Will be very difficult for them to broadcast a lot of these shows in HD since they likely don't exist in high enough quality for that. Sitcoms from the 60's are not going to be in HD.

With regard to there being no 50's channel, maybe there's simply not enough series available to broadcast. Also, you can't re-broadcast a show that originally aired live. Even if there are kinescopes they'd have to be found and cleaned up.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
David Rain said:
Will be very difficult for them to broadcast a lot of these shows in HD since they likely don't exist in high enough quality for that. Sitcoms from the 60's are not going to be in HD.

With regard to there being no 50's channel, maybe there's simply not enough series available to broadcast. Also, you can't re-broadcast a show that originally aired live. Even if there are kinescopes they'd have to be found and cleaned up.
There are 60's sitcoms that exist in HD, most notably CBS properties that have been remastered for HD.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
The Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction, along with The Andy Griffith Show, have been remastered in HD, as has The Lucy Show.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Only the first few seasons of Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction have been (2/3's of which for PJ aren't even part of the show's syndication package although CBS recently let MeTV air those first two seasons).

The Dick Van Dyke Show has been remastered with new HD transfers.

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
Would still very much love to see "The Pruitt's Of Southampton" either in syndication on TV or a DVD release.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
On the subject of long lost shows, let's not forget shows shot on Video Tape into the 1980's were on 2" Video.

Only a few of those machines left - would make it costly to transfer to modern formats - then there's the condition of the tapes.

Food for Thought.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
oldtvshowbuff said:
I've seen Topper in syndicated reruns, distributed by King World back in the 80s. You can find N & TP on Hulu. You just might get to see OMB remastered sometime in the future from CBSTD.
I saw Topper on a Christian station in the 00s but I think they may have been pd episodes. It is a fun series, and needs a DVD. Isn't there a film in the Topper film series that never got a DVD release too?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks