What's new

Hoosiers-how is the DVD? (1 Viewer)

Manuel

Stunt Coordinator
I thought about picking this up. I am not overly concerned about the audio but I am concerned about the video. Is it just better than tape or does it look decent? Has anyone heard of a SE? Thanks

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Though the disc is bare-bones, it is worth the $8 or so that it is running for at Best Buy (they also run a sale on this title now and then when they have an MGM sale). Audio is clear (though little surround usage), and the video is functional. It is far from the worst transfer I've ever seen, and it isn't too bad concerning the age of the movie. The transfer isn't going to win any awards, but it beats VHS IMHO. It's worth the purchase I think.

John J Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this film in the UK ages ago, but it was called Best Shot. Any idea why the name change outside the US?

-- J.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Probably they figured not many people outside the US would know what the term meant. Heck, not many people inside the US knows what it means, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks