What's new

Hooking Up RX-V750 to a subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Matt+H

Grip
I am planning on purchasing a RX-V750 with a Velodyne DLS4000 subwoofer. I am trying to figure out if there is a limitation on a subwoofer cable. I am planning on placing the subwoofer in the back right corner of the room (so it can hide behind a chair since it is bulky and I need to have the WAF). With the sloped ceiling going from 8ft to 13 ft I am going to need a long cable to get to the subwoofer. I think I will need a cable that is about 50 feet long. Do they make cables this long and is there a maximum length you should get so that performance is not degraded? My house was prewired with normal speaker wire and I am unable to determine how and if it is possible to hook the sub up to the receiver with normal speaker wire. I am somewhat of a newbie and any help is appreciated.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Matt,

Shielded cable would be the best. You might look into some coax cable at Radio Shack where you can also purchase the RCA cable ends to attach to it.

Regular un-shielded speaker cable can cause too many issues, in my experience with subs. I ran such a cable a few years back and it caused lots of hum from my sub - until I replaced it with shielded cable.

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
Check out BlueJeansCables. Any lenth you want, great performance and great prices. There are other similar cable assemblers around but I have first hand experience with blue Jeans and they have always been great.

Matt+H

Grip
In looking into this further, I was mistaken that the wire ran for my sub was normal speaker wire. I do have a coax cable ran which is good per your suggestion Wayne. =o)

Now my problem is I have four wires as well as the coax all coming out of the wall at one point. I would like a faceplate that allows me to attach all wires (right, left, surrounds, and sub.) The closest thing I have found is a faceplate with eight connections for all the speakers with normal speaker wire with the exception of the coax sub cable. Do you know if they make such a faceplate?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks