What's new

Honey West (1 Viewer)

michael_ks

Screenwriter
I received my "Honey West" set this weekend and have already watched seven episodes and the "Burke's Law" series tie-in episode. Regretably the show does not have the remastered look of "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" S1 or the "Naked City" sets but it is at least nearly free of dirt, scratches, etc. Just a hair soft and lacking somewhat in contrast and detail. The night scenes looked better than expected considering the less than perfect day time scenes which is odd when one compares this to the "Burke's Law" eps. which overall is slightly better than HW for picture quality but has a couple of poorly contrasted night scenes in it.

I'd forgotten just how much Mullendore's music adds to the show--love those quintessentially mid-60s jazz arrangements for the title music and action scenes. The audio is excellent for a show of this age, by the way. One episode I watched looked horribly dated only because of a "go-go" club scene ("The Princess and the Paupers"). Bobby Sherman plays a band member in that one, along with that weird looking, perrenially baby-faced Michael J. Pollard (the leader of the gang of kids who don't age in Star Trek's "Miri").

I thought the packaging was just fine, myself. After a comment posted earlier, I was expecting something "bootleg" like in appearance, but it's much better than some other packages I have--"Wanted: Dead or Alive" for one.

I think I could almost become a cat lover if I had an ocelot like Bruce. And hey! Scratched one title from my want list in one fell swoop!

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I've been enjoying both the Honey and "Burke's Law" sets. I'd never seen either before, though I do remember the CBS revival of "Burke's Law" from about a decade ago. One of those episodes had Anne Francis reprising her Honey West role 30 years later! Hopefully that series will surface on DVD at some point also.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I've watched the first six episodes and the pilot. I am loving the show. Anne Francis could she be any hotter? I'm finding the video pretty darn good on my Oppo; just a couple of notches below Perry Mason. I had something weird happen with the audio though. I have my Oppo feeding the sound through an Optical out connection to my receiver and to my 5.1 speaker system. I was getting some kind of weird like sound blow back through the subwoofer through 50 percent of spoken dialog and music. I can't really describe the noise very well, but it was sort of like hard puffs of air ...Pagh ...Pagh ...Pagh. Anyway I shut off the sub and the noise went away. This was the first time that I used that particular input on the receiver so it could be that. I'm going to try something else on there today to see if it is the HW set that is causing it or it is that connection. Other than that bit of strangeness I am loving the series and the musical score, and to think I had never heard of the show before I saw the mention on this forum!

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
R.I.P. Anne Francis. We loved you in just about everything you did, from the fan favorite "The After Hours" on The Twilight Zone, to Forbidden Planet and your appearances on just about every TV series in the 60s. Thanks for stirring this one and just about every other young man's boomer blood in those years.

Here's the Los Angeles Times obit:

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-anne-francis-20110103,0,2031697.story

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I am sad to hear of her passing. Will watch an episode of Honey West soon in memory of this fine lady.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks