What's new

Homeland Season 2 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The entire sequence inside the CIA offices.. HOLY COW.... from that moment to the Carrie chase scene in the streets of Beirut.. just damn. Great combo Bourne Identity kind of feeling.
The entire episode just sensational stuff.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Agreed, pretty much everything hit perfectly. And the ending, wow. I think that's part of what makes this a good show, it doesn't stretch things out longer than it has to. On 24, for example, it might have taken half the season for the good guys to find that chip. It's almost shocking when stuff like this happens so quickly as to be in the second episode.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
And it really answers the people who thought they'd chickened out by not having Brody blow himself up in the bunker. There are so many more rich storytelling options with him alive than if they'd gotten the one-off shock value of killing him. That's a hell of a trump card for Saul. I hope he makes copies of that ASAP.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The series is excellent -- amazing. Incredible. Brilliant. But this episode? This was the best episode of the series. The entire scene with the Nazir assassination attempt was as tense and gripping as the bunker scene from last year's finale. And then to immediately follow that with Carrie grabbing the bag and being chased by gunmen? I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Then the last scene with the video?

It pains me that I can't get my wife to watch it.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
The ending of Sunday's episode is something I would have expected as a season finale on another show. And yet it's only Episode 2. Wow...a fantastic start to season two.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by 66KIMBLE /t/323092/homeland-season-2#post_3987967
Saul (Mandy Patinkin) was like, "Oh,S**t !"..........priceless!!!

Not quite Hank dropping a deuce, but pretty close!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Who writes this show? Jeebus! The moment they did the letter in the kitchen.. wow. Just when you think they can't figure out a way to put new angles on characters, to give them more depth to sub characters then most shows on TV.. seriously, one of the best damn written scripts on TV.

This show manages to capture all the great zeal of "24" with better acting, better direction, better dialogue and not as corny plots but keeps 100% of the tension. Seriously, people Sunday IS the best night on TV.. Good Wife, Homeland, Walking Dead? Are you kidding me? :) And when is the first time in years you could say the best dramas on TV weren't dominated by HBO?

Fantastic stuff tonight. Loved every minute of it.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I got a tear in my eye when Carrie saw the Brody video and realized her conclusions about him were vindicated. There, I said it.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I have to say, I was ready to be really pissed at the show in the first five minutes (which I'm sure was part of the intention) after the airport search thing, but I loved that I was 100% wrong. I mean, obviously, it really felt like the easiest thing to do would be have the chip confiscated, but Saul being smart enough to anticipate something like that for such a vital piece of intel was perfect.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Charlie Campisi said:
I got a tear in my eye when Carrie saw the Brody video and realized her conclusions about him were vindicated. There, I said it.
The whole episode built to that moment. It was one the show had more than earned after the horrible place Carrie was left at the end of the first season.
After what happened in this episode, the likelihood of Brody being turned into a double-agent increased exponentially. It's not just that Brody's back is against the wall now with the video recovered; he doesn't know about that. What pushes Brody in that direction is that he's reached a point where he has to choose between his family and his pledge to that dead little boy. He had to make that choice once before, and he chose his family. I don't doubt he'll do the same again -- if he's given the option.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Joe_H /t/323092/homeland-season-2/30#post_3989231
I have to say, I was ready to be really pissed at the show in the first five minutes (which I'm sure was part of the intention) after the airport search thing, but I loved that I was 100% wrong. I mean, obviously, it really felt like the easiest thing to do would be have the chip confiscated, but Saul being smart enough to anticipate something like that for such a vital piece of intel was perfect.
At first, I was like, "how do you not have a copy of it? They have Dropbox access in Beirut, right?" Then I realized there's zero chance Saul left that to chance. So I did a little fist pump when he took the SD card out of the hidden compartment.

I got the feeling Carrie had done the attempted suicide before. Even the entire ritual with the dress and lipstick.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Good episode. My one beef was Brody stopping for gas 5 minutes from the safe house. Really? That couldn't wait until the return trip? Seemed lazy on the writers' part to give an opportunity for escape.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by ScottH /t/323092/homeland-season-2/30#post_3989515
Good episode. My one beef was Brody stopping for gas 5 minutes from the safe house. Really? That couldn't wait until the return trip? Seemed lazy on the writers' part to give an opportunity for escape.

No, actually I thought that made sense. He didn't know who was going to be at the safe house. The smart move was to make sure he'd be ready when he got there in case he needed to tear ass out of there.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Three episodes in and Carrie has already been through such ordeals! Does it make sense to give next year's Emmy to Claire Danes right now?

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
After what happened in this episode, the likelihood of Brody being turned into a double-agent increased exponentially. It's not just that Brody's back is against the wall now with the video recovered; he doesn't know about that. What pushes Brody in that direction is that he's reached a point where he has to choose between his family and his pledge to that dead little boy. He had to make that choice once before, and he chose his family. I don't doubt he'll do the same again -- if he's given the option.
In real life there is no way they would even consider turning him into a double agent. They would bug his house, his car, his phones and they would follow him 24hrs a day but actively turning him, not a chance.
When the time was right they would detain him, see if there was any additional information he had to offer and then process him.
Of course since this is television they will try to turn him back.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Patrick_S said:
In real life there is no way they would even consider turning him into a double agent. They would bug his house, his car, his phones and they would follow him 24hrs a day but actively turning him, not a chance.
When the time was right they would detain him, see if there was any additional information he had to offer and then process him.
My theory is that he'll turn himself in before they take him in.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Hanson said:
I got the feeling Carrie had done the attempted suicide before. Even the entire ritual with the dress and lipstick.
I interpreted that scene differently. I thought she was putting on the dress, lipstick and CFM heels to go out and get drunk and get laid to medicate her depression. She did a similar thing when she picked up Brody. I thought when she caught sight of herself in the mirror, she became disgusted with herself and decided to OD instead.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I thought it was pretty clear she was going out.
She was right by the front door and did a little touch up at the mirror then she saw herself and decided not to go out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks