What's new

home theatres, a disease? (1 Viewer)

ChrisHall

Auditioning
i've had my ht setup for quite a while, but just recently i bought some "decent" speakers, sony sa-ve445h, its certainly not up there with you big dogs, but for a small bedroom (10x10) it does the job quite nicely, not to mention my two subs, hehe.

i cant even watch tv anymore without thinking about how crappy the video looks, or how crappy the sound is, or how crappy my mp3s sound compared to dts :D its just not the same anymore *sigh*

looks like i will have to invest in a hdtv and direct tv.. :crazy:

AaronJB

Second Unit
The best thing to do - I find - is to spend noticably more than you were considering whenever you want to upgrade. That way, more often than not, you will get something more satisfying and you'll be less likely to feel as if you need to upgrade down the road. Look at the extra money spent as an investment in not spending more money soon after.

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,
It is all down hill from here!!! Once the bug gets you it is tough to shake. Lucky for us there is a support group for us called the "Home Theater Forum". Welcome to the club.
Shawn

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Eh - I wouldn't consider this a support group for the Home Theater upgrade bug.

That's like having an AA meeting at your local bar!:wink:

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
You said it brother. My wife is beginning to think I'm cracked. She hates it when I start complaining about how lousy the picture is with our cable system and how I complain about the weak surround effects of shows that are supposed to be in surround.:D

John S

Senior HTF Member
I find myself heavily critiquing (sp?) every HDTV presentation I watch..... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks