What's new

Home Theater Setup (1 Viewer)

Rony

Auditioning
First post here. I like to start off and say how fortunate we are to have this forum to discuss HT. Now to my dilemma, I have a "bonus room" that I plan to convert into a Home Theater. The room measures 18x10, it has not windows and is situated in the garage area. Originally, we had the option to convert this space into a bonus room when we first purchased the home, but we opted not to at the time. The room is basically where you would park your 3rd car, assuming you had 3 cars. So, if i were to make this into a theater room, I would have to add the fourth wall to close it off. Anyhow, do you think this room would be big enough for a Projector and a 100 inch screen? Thanks in advance!

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
Welcome to the HTF, an 18x10 room is excellent for a dedicated HT. A 100" screen and projector will fit. What audio equipment do you have or are planning to get?

Rony

Auditioning
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure yet which equipment I plan to get. I plan on budgeting 25,000 to build this theater which includes both construction costs and equipment. I'll probally end up spending a lot more but I hope to fall under my proposed budget. I just suscribed to Home Theater Builder and hope to get more ideas from the mag. I'm not sure how much I can DIY. I was maybe looking into hiring someone to put it all together, but I'm sure that they'll probally rape me on the price. I live in the "Inland Empire," Redlands, to be exact. Any suggestions as to who I can use out here? I'm open to doing this myself, but I really want a professional looking Home theater setup.

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
Sorry I live in Toronto, I have no idea where Redlands is. My advice is to hire someone to do construction, but you should buy the equipment and set it up yourself, this is half the fun in my opinion. You have a good budget there. I suggest you listen to Paradigm Monitor or Studio series speakers. Also consider Paradigm or SVS for the sub. This might set you back 2-5 grand but it is hard to beat these two companies for value.

Rony

Auditioning
Since, I don't have much room on either side of the room, what in wall speakers would you recommend? I plan to have inwall speakers on the side of the room and perhaps the Center, and two fronts freestanding near the front. Any recommendations?

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
Then maybe consider Polk audio aswell. They have the LSi line which includes inwall speakers. I believe that Paradigm might aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks