What's new

Home Theater Setup options and recomendations (1 Viewer)

Mumps

Auditioning
Real Name
Shawn
Hi all,

I have what I believe is a very outdated home theater system.

Receiver:
Kenwood KE-V9080

Amp:
Kenwood GE-7030

My speakers should be fine. They are old Paradigm speakers. 5.1 setup.

My question is, I am entering the HD age. And I know the receiver is NOT capable of handling HD, as it is well before the time of HDMI.

Whar are my options for replacing it? How much am I looking to spend? I will be buying a new LDC HDTV after Christmas. I will be using my Laptop as my blu-ray player (it has the drive, and HDMI output)

Thanks!

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Shawn.

A line of receivers that has been getting nods from magazines and users alike for its tons of features for low price is the Onkyo TX-SR 505, 605, 705 receivers. They start at about $380 and go to about $600. They may be cheaper because the updated 06 series is out.

Mumps

Auditioning
Real Name
Shawn
Thanks! I will see what that brand has to offer. All I need is a new receiver to get my home theater setup to work.

hockeymask

Auditioning
Real Name
David Rojas
I think the Denon 1909 is a pretty good A/V receiver. I read as much as I could before I bought it a week ago. 6th Ave Electronics had a good deal for $449 with discount code. This included free shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks