What's new

Home Theater seats (1 Viewer)

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
What kind of seats do you have in your home theater? I am in the process of finishing my basement, with a dedicated area for home theater being set aside. I will have 2 rows of seats, with the second row elevated about 6" off the ground. I plan to get reclining home theater seats and am interested in knowing what type of seats everyone here has.

If you have any pictures, that would be appreciated as well.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
I just picked up the Lane Hopkins and love them. Very well built and comfortable. You can place them against the wall and still recline if that is a consideration. I have a loveseat in the center and a seat on each side.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Bill,
I looked at the Berklines and they were about half price compared to the Lanes atleast here locally and I didn't even factor in the price that I heard I could get from AVS(AVSCIENCE.com). The Lay Z Boys were even more expensive so I ruled them out.

Personally I preferred the Berklines but it's all a matter of taste.

I was pretty much sold on them until I decided to go with a typical couch/Conversation piece as they called it since I don't have a dedicated room. If I had one, I'd bought the Berklines w/o blinking. They were around $450 a piece in leather when I inquired a while back.

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't decided on a manufacturer, but I am currently planning 2 chaises with a single recliner in the middle of them in the front row with 3 recliners in the second row.

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
I also have 8 Lazboys. Here in Illinois they can be purchased for $629 each for the microfiber which has the feel of suede. Everyone who has been to our theater raves about how great they look and how comfortable they are.

Alan Hall

Auditioning
Not sure what your budget for seating is but I just order 2 rows of the black and purple seats from this site.

4seating.com

Very good pricing plus FREE buttshakers per seat.

nickMahler

Agent
i have bradford and young love seat for the front and a 3 piece for the rear seating. heres a picture of the rears

should be pretty nice they are delivering today so ill have real pictures tonight. they are in a butter soft leather and they have a power recline on each seat. SSeeya

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks