What's new

Home theater help (1 Viewer)

Ed*Wheaton

Agent
Hi all;
I have noticed that alot of setups include preamps,monoblock amps...etc..so far all I have is a receiver,and it sounds pretty good to me,but if there is a way to make it sound even better I would like any suggestions.I have a 100w per channel system if that makes any difference.

Thanks
Ed

John S

Senior HTF Member
Many AVR's have pre-amp outs, that allow you to use it for a pre-pro so you can use separate amps. This is a great upgrade for many.

Tell you the truth, I usually get more bang for the buck out of a subwoofer upgrade, than an amp/avr upgrade as far as overall system performance improvements are concerned.

Ed*Wheaton

Agent
Hi all;
OK here is my system,it's probably not as hi end as most of yours but here goes.
T.V.-Hitachi 43" HDTV
DVD- Hitachi DV-725U Progressive scan
Receiver-Sony STR-K502P 5.1 100w per. ch.
Front speakers- Polk Audio R15
Rear speakers - Polk Audio R15
Center channel- Quest Q50c
Subwoofer-Polk Audio PSW 404 10"
Like I said I think it sounds pretty good but I think it could be better.If anyone knows any changes or auditions I could make that's not going to cost thousands,I like to hear from you.I'm thinking about another receiver weather it be 5.1 or not.I read that a well set-up 5.1 can blow the doors off any 6.1 so hoping to get by as cost effective as possible.

Thank-you
Ed

ChadLB

Screenwriter
One thing to keep in mind the most important speakers are your front 3. They should all match timbre wise. You might want to try and find something that goes with the Polk audio r15 for your center channel. Like the CSi20. You could also make an improvement by selling the front R15's and getting some floor standing speakers(unless that is not an option).
A receiver could be an improvement also as I always think the lower ends Sony's sound muddy.
You could buy any of the lower end Denon, HK, Onkyo, Yamaha and I am sure it would sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks