What's new

Home Theater Design Video & Audio (1 Viewer)

Gary.Smit

Auditioning
I am in the process of finishing my basement and one area will be a home theater. I will be purchasing new video and audio. I am unsure of the video viewing size to purchase can someone point me to a Web Page that can be used for design or reference. Also speaker placement is another area that I am not familiar with.

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Gary,
There are a lot of very knowledgable people right here that would be more than happy to help. Just post your questions in the appropriate area and you'll get plenty of free advice.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Gary. Welcome to HTF!

The Basics area is always a good place to start, but the other fourms all have the same rules-of-conduct so dont be afraid to post questions.

(It IS considered polite to do a search first, then ask specific questions about things you dont understand, or need customized for your situation. :) )

Here are some good links for you to start with:

HT Constructions & Interiors - This is our own fourm for dedicated HT rooms. Search back through posts for the last 20-30 days to get some ideas of what others have done or had issues with.

Home Theater Builder Fourm - This is the fourm for a fairly new magazine that is dedicated to people like you. Since they are new, you may need to contact them and order back-issues.

Beginners Primer & FAQ - This is our own little fourm with TONS of info for beginners. Spend a few days skimming/reading and you will pick up a lot of the basics.

Viewing Distance Calculator - This handy site tells you how far away to sit. (2-3 times the diagonal display size is a good aproximation).

The information is out there, and this site is a great place to start. But plan to spend several days/weeks studying first.

If you are in a rush, then you should contact a professional installer. Otherwise you will likely buy or install things you would later regret.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks