What's new

Home Theater Confusion (1 Viewer)

jwood41

Auditioning
Real Name
Jack Woodman
I am trying to purchase a HT receiver and speaker set that will allow me to not only fill my living room with great sound (both when watching video and listening to music) but also allow me to drive a set of Bose 121 outdoor speakers so I can enjoy my music in the back yard.

My current components are:

Toshiba 42HL467 42" LCD TV

Bose 121 Environmental Speakers

(2) Klipsch Quintet Speakers (not hooked up)

Sony Playstation PS3

Motorola HD/DVR QIP6416-2

I really like the Klipsch speakers and I have others that I use in other areas of the house.

I have seen the attached link for a Yamaha/Klipsch package, but am not sure if this is the right avenue for me. Any help would be great.

Link deleted by moderator; eBay links of any kind are not allowed.

Thanks

Awp666

Grip
Real Name
kevin
i was just looking at those klipsch speakers and went with the next model up. those set of speakers are 600 dollars so id do the math for the reciever and see if its a deal or not.

1500wattaction

Auditioning
Real Name
jack
Jwood, have you tried Polk audio speakers yet? I am currently in the process of remodeling my basement into a mini movie theater. I upgraded to a Sony Blu-ray, HDMI, and Monster cable setup. The quality is great and those Polk speakers can really take a beating especially on action flicks. I am pulling up the carpet to replace with nice tile and maybe some cool LED lights grouted in then I'd like to get some home theater seating that I could make a multi-leveled platform for the real theater feel!

jwood41

Auditioning
Real Name
Jack Woodman
The receiver that I am looking at is the following,

[SIZE= 12px]Yamaha RX-V1065BL Receiver, YDS11SL iPod Dock[/SIZE] [SIZE= 12px]it appears to give me what I am looking for, but before I spend the money I'd like to get some advice as to whether or not this is a quality product or not.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]I appreciate any help the forum could give me.[/SIZE]

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
The Yamaha 665 is about $200 less than the 1065 and will do everything it does. HD formats, zone 2, HDMI etc. and appears that the 665 has better 2nd zone capability. But to answer your question Yamaha doesn't make junk.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
[SIZE= 11px]Second the above, Yamaha stuff has brick-like reliability.[/SIZE]

jwood41

Auditioning
Real Name
Jack Woodman
Thanks for the info. I think I found a good deal on the [SIZE= 12px]Yamaha RX-V1065BL Receiver, YDS11SL iPod Dock with Klipsch HDT500 speaker package [/SIZE]

for under $1K. Based on individual pricing that works out good.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks