What's new

Home theater "as good as" film? No way! (1 Viewer)

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
RobertR,
Redlands is about an hour's time from Long Beach. If the print of Basic Instinct is still available, I'll ask you and John G. over to check Stone's scene! :D
When is the anomorphic DVD due?...
-THTS

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Sounds good, Frank! :). I think the anamorphic BI with your very own ice pick comes out next month.
------------------

LARUE

Stunt Coordinator
If the above event does indeed happen you guys should post comparison jpg.s of the shot in question.
he he he,
LARUE

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Thanks for the offer Frank. A comparison between film and video will be pretty cool. As for posting comparison photos of BI between the film version and video, well, it would not be appropriate, if you know what I mean.
btw. For those really interested in the history of motion picture formats and images, then a trip to Parc du Futuroscope is a must Link Removed . It’s considered an amusement park, but the emphasis is on the moving image rather than rides.
The easiest way to get there is to take the TGV train from Paris-Montparnasse, of which will drop you off right at the Futuroscope station--the front door. It’s an 80m train ride from Paris. So, if you are making a trip to Europe, take a day or half a day to visit Furturoscope.
The park has all film formats to watch films (8mm, 16mm, 35mm, 70mm, 2-D, 3-D, etc. etc. etc.). The one advise recommended is to start with the smaller format, 8mm, then work your way up to 70mm 15 perf. I forget if they have video.
Hmmm? I wonder if there is a HomeVid Futuro park.

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
Audio-wise, HT has many more advantages! But, I have to admit that a film is better presented in the movie house, especially blockbusters. The excitement of the audience, expectations and anticipation make for a better viewing experience. I'm someone who watches at home and in the theater, but I'm I know that those who don't get out to the theaters much often prefer the comfort of their own home and won't be comfortable with crowds.. But my opinion still stands: overall better movie experience in the theater.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
In the last couple of years of regular movie going, I can count unpleasant presentations on my fingers. 90% of the time I go during "rush hour" (weekend evening). And I live in NEW YORK CITY for crying out loud! We are supposed to be tough and rude and all that...
A lot of people on this forum have been so disgusted by their movie experiences that they have not been to the theater in YEARS!!! I can't believe I have just been lucky with audiences.
This going to offend some people but nothing will make be believe that a lot of you guys don't go out there with some "I am better than you because I am a mov- sorry, film expert" attitude. There are actually people here who hate cheering in theaters... I guess they would rather other people restrain their emotions so they could concentrate on finding a deeper meaning to what is going on on the screen?
I am not trying to belittle anybody's opinion here but the whining attitude about "theaters nowadays" just does not click with my experience AT ALL. Oh well...
--
Holadem

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks