What's new

HOME THEAATER POWER REFERENCE CENTER (1 Viewer)

ghostrydyr

Grip
Real Name
Joel
I bought a new in box MONSTER POWER HTS 2600 mk ll clean power and surge center last week, i was looking at different surge gear and came across this on flea bay for 120. shipped, didnt do to much research ,loaded the cart and ordered it. ,it came in and works fine I guess, havent had a lighting strike yet lol, maybe its last years model or something, ,,,any pros or cons to the unit or opinions welcome,,,this model has 8 ac outlets,,mine has 10.. http://www.monsterproducts.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=2304&id=10294

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I know nothing about that product, but Monster products are usually overpriced. Doesn't it make more sense to ask BEFORE you buy? :confused:

ghostrydyr

Grip
Real Name
Joel
Jim Mcc said:
I know nothing about that product, but Monster products are usually overpriced. Doesn't it make more sense to ask BEFORE you buy? :confused:
depends on what you bought and in most cases i do that, but for a surge protector, no biggie and you posting, not knowing anything is about the same thing...

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
True. So if a surge protector is a "no biggie", why ask our opinion AFTER you buy it? If we say it sucks are you going to return it?

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
I am curious what prompted you to feel you needed this? A lightning strike is not a surge btw if it can make it from a cloud to your house I very much doubt a tiny fuse blowing will stop it. Is your electricity particularly dirty? I grew up with a kid whose lights were always flickering due to dirty electricity (surges and weakness) so they had big surge protectors on all valuable electronics. I could also see having a UPS to both protect and preserve in the case of a power outage. I really am curious though please educate me.

ghostrydyr

Grip
Real Name
Joel
Jim Mcc said:
True. So if a surge protector is a "no biggie", why ask our opinion AFTER you buy it? If we say it sucks are you going to return it?
no on the return, ill use it for my electric toothbrush,...120 bucks ,,,big deal,, for a G, yeah ill do some research,,,,

ghostrydyr

Grip
Real Name
Joel
NickSI said:
I am curious what prompted you to feel you needed this? A lightning strike is not a surge btw if it can make it from a cloud to your house I very much doubt a tiny fuse blowing will stop it. Is your electricity particularly dirty? I grew up with a kid whose lights were always flickering due to dirty electricity (surges and weakness) so they had big surge protectors on all valuable electronics. I could also see having a UPS to both protect and preserve in the case of a power outage. I really am curious though please educate me.
no dirty power as far as I know, house was built in 2008, I lived in Guam for 13 years, I know power problems for sure, and no power,lol, it wasnt a dirty issue as much as a decent strip surge was 60-100 bucks, so why not go ahead and get the all in one for a few bucks more,,,, not saying it was the best choice and an ups system as mentioned was a great idea,thats what I was asking for in my op, opinions pros and cons and suggestions, not ridicule for the purchase, hell I can read all different forums for dickhead snide remarks, im trying to create some topic here, and I guess its not working, can we regroup here and have some forum,,,, maybe the post wasnt clear enough, im open to suggestions like the op says

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
ghostrydyr said:
no dirty power as far as I know
Some of the more advanced computer UPS systems have the USB interface to the PC. The software will allow you to take a voltage / 60hz sine wave reading on the incoming power. A co-worker with dirty power used to include a print-out when he mailed in his payment (yes, mailed. It was a few years ago). They never corrected the problem.
ghostrydyr said:
, I lived in Guam for 13 years, I know power problems for sure, and no power,lol, it wasnt a dirty issue as much as a decent strip surge was 60-100 bucks, so why not go ahead and get the all in one for a few bucks more,,,,
Actually, Panamax and a few other decent surge protectors can be had for under $20. I picked up a pair of Energizer UPSs for my home theater for $30 each. The surge only side handles most of the equipment while the power backup of each one has a DVR plugged into it. I can still record TV for up to 30 minutes during a power outage. Since you are new you haven't picked up on our push towards the best value in most everything we recommend. Monster, Bose, Terk and a few others have great marketing, premium prices and average to good performance. Many of us have never used that Monster product because we wouldn't even consider it. I hope it works out for you and you get $120 worth of use/enjoyment from it.

ghostrydyr

Grip
Real Name
Joel
Robert_J said:
Some of the more advanced computer UPS systems have the USB interface to the PC. The software will allow you to take a voltage / 60hz sine wave reading on the incoming power. A co-worker with dirty power used to include a print-out when he mailed in his payment (yes, mailed. It was a few years ago). They never corrected the problem. Actually, Panamax and a few other decent surge protectors can be had for under $20. I picked up a pair of Energizer UPSs for my home theater for $30 each. The surge only side handles most of the equipment while the power backup of each one has a DVR plugged into it. I can still record TV for up to 30 minutes during a power outage. Since you are new you haven't picked up on our push towards the best value in most everything we recommend. Monster, Bose, Terk and a few others have great marketing, premium prices and average to good performance. Many of us have never used that Monster product because we wouldn't even consider it. I hope it works out for you and you get $120 worth of use/enjoyment from it.
if it protects my stuff, Im good to go, if i spent 120 to protect 5 g worth stuff,,lol, its a small set up,,,, it makes sense to me,not considering it at that price point seems a bit harsh if it does what it suppose to do,,,,, i didnt pay retail for it, so all that marketing and hype werent in the mix here, just looked around at all the name brand surge stuff and it was 60 bucks or so for 5 power outlets or so, no cat 6 or cable in and outs, ive got all my ht stuff ,plus the computer, router and modem, plugged into this thing with extra outlets for future dumb purchases,,lol,:D

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
I also noticed in the photos that they were Euro style plugs, was that a coincidence or are you located somewhere besides the good 'ol US of A...

ghostrydyr

Grip
Real Name
Joel
this is where and what,,,come on , cant be that big of a deal if it does what it says,, the spokesman for this forum says none of you, us or them or actually"we" you would never consider this unit at all,,,never mind the small amount of $$ compared to the system,,,,does it do the job its suppose to and make us feel at ease??? ,lol,, no biggie fellas just a damn surge with hopefully aliitle more clean power to my stuff,,,wtf ehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-Cable-Home-Theatre-Reference-HTS-2600-MKII-PowerCenter-w-Clean-Power-/121066520463?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1120

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks