What's new

Home audio setup questions (1 Viewer)

Noah555

Auditioning
Real Name
Noah
So this is probably going to be painful for some of you to read because the solution is probably so obvious. Anyways, We have moved into a new home and in one of the rooms there are 5 speakers (Pioneer) set up throughout the ceiling and there is a bunch of outlets down on the walls. In one outlet section there are 3 open round black plugs and 3 open round red plugs. In the outlet next to it there are 2 narrow red plugs and 2 narrow black plugs.
I would like to be able to play music from my iPhone to these speakers but I have no idea what these plugs are or how to connect my iPhone to play to these speakers.
If anyone could help out that would be great!

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Hey Noah welcome to the forum! :welcome:

Let's see if we can get you pointed in the right direction. You can't just plug your phone into the wall plates and have it work. You're going to need some kind of amplification to power the speakers. If you're wanting to use all five speakers then you're going to need a 5.1 channel AVR. If you only want to use two you can get by with a stereo amplifier. I would recommend an AVR because it will allow you to connect digital sources and power all the speakers you currently have.

Did you have a budget for this project? Were you wanting to setup a HT to use with the TV or are you just looking for some music playback with the phone?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks