What's new

HOLY FLIRKING SCHMIDT! New Lord of the Rings releases! (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
have there been any reviews or screen cap comparisons here or somewhere online?

hopefully netflix gets their hands on there so i can just borrow the bonus.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
I want to know, from someone who watched all of the special features on the existing editions, if they learn anything new in the new documentaries. I mean, really, I've watched about 50-60 hours worth of special features for these films (if you include all the commentaries)... they already repeated themselves quite a bit, is there any new info to be had?

The one thing I wish is that there was more discussion of why and when they deviated from the books. There was some of that, but really too much of it was about the special effects. So if these new documentaries hardly mention the special effects, I might consider checking them out at some point. When they get cheap. :)

Hayes Preston

Stunt Coordinator
I finally caved and bought the new versions.

I have watched the doc on the Fellowship disc and about 30 minutes of the doc on the Two Towers, here's my take.

This doc is in a completely different vain than the special features on the EE. This is a candid, almost fly on the wall type of doc, there is no narration. Did I learn new things (keep in my mind I am a LOTR junky and watched about 90% of the special features on the EEs) ?? Yes I did, but the real question is, are the things I learned interesting? Not really (MHO) there is some bickering on the Fellowship doc about walkie talies and how someone is going to have work and extra day to fix the mess, not really sure how it started or how it was resolved. There are some interesting bits, PJ talking during preporduction about "keeping an eye out" for the assiciate producer so he wouldn't be caught goofing off..PJ complaining during the early phase of editing that he can't edit in a room without a couch. I could go on an on, but frankly, the docs are just not that interesting.

Tha main reason I bought the new versions, is that I am going to be doing quite a bit of traveling over the next year and I thought it would be nice to have both versions of the three films on three discs, vice nine, much easier to transport. I think the docs will stay at home

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks