What's new

Hold on to your hats fellas, BEYONCE KNOWLES in August's issue of MAXIM! (1 Viewer)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I was considering getting a copy of Maxim, but there's no chance after reading this www.msnbc.com/news/788268.asp
I find it curious they trimmed Beyonce's bottom but celebrate J-Lo's. Does anyone care to guess what's at play here? And the cruel irony is her hit song is named Bootylicious. ;)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
WTF? Why would they want to trim her down? No wonder there aren't any bikini spreads of Beyonce...the Maxim editors actually WANTED the Kate Moss "meat on a stick" look??!!

Screw Maxim. Most men don't want to look at women with 12-year-old-boy bodies. We want REAL women, with REAL hips, and REAL thighs.

That's my mini-rant, and I'm sticking with it...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Max,
your not seriously suggesting that Beyonce is built like a "12 year old boy" are you? Her hips ARE real, and so is everything else about her.

I don't know what the deal is with her spread, but MAXIM has done some damn fine spreads in the past and most of them have been "real" women, take my favorite spread on Cathrine Heigl for example, there's no way in hell she looks anything even remotly like a 12 year old boy! It's possible they were going for something specific with Beyonce's spread, not something that was too overly sexual, but something a little more classy.

I'll take MAXIM over Playboy any day of the week. Playboy is just smut IMO.

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
To all the guys who love thighs and big butts, are you saying you like fat thighs and butts? I much prefer a fit and taught butt!

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
Now how did we get to "fat thighs and butts"? Just because a woman is not built like a stick figure little boy does not indicate that she is fat.

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
I guess we need an example to clarify, now monica belluci is a "real" woman, but I think Sophie Dahl has fat thighs.

Is monica belluci the kind of woman max was thinking of?

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Beyoncé Knowles was a little too bootylicious for Maxim. The “Goldmember” star and lead singer of Destiny’s Child is the cover girl in the August issue of the raunchy men’s mag, and a source says the Maxim art department “worked overtime” slimming down Knowles’ thighs and hips in a photo spread inside.
...then I have lost all respect for Maxim and its editors.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
To all the guys who love thighs and big butts, are you saying you like fat thighs and butts? I much prefer a fit and taught butt.
I do not recall anyone in this thread endorsing fat thighs and fat butts.
I'm anti-anorexic-thighs and anti-anorexic-butt. That should be pretty clear, no? :)

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
Monica Bellucci =
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Now that's sexy!!!

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
BTW, my posts were somewhat tongue-in-cheek. Sorta. Kinda.

Monica Bellucci is a fine looking woman...mmmmmmm.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Monica Bellucci is one of the most drop dead beautiful women alive!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

I can't even watch Under Suspicion because I can't pay attention to what Morgan Freeman is saying during her lengthy interrogation scene! :)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Quote:
Beyoncee has legs like linebacker...'nuff said
-------------------
I disagree, However, I wouldn't mind her tackling me on a bed. ;)

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
She might have legs like a linebacker but I would love to play ball with her :D .

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I haven't read this thread in a while. I am totally outraged at what Maxim did!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
How dare day? Why does she have to be modified to fit the 12 year old boy body type that we are being fed everyday??!!
I can't help but think about Crawdaddy's comment earlier. This is a typically ethnic body that has been modified to fit the majoritie's (read white) perception of beauty. It's sad.
We want women shown in their original aspect ratio.
F@#%^&ck! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
--
Holadem

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Isn't every picture in magazines retouched? What's the big deal in this case?

/mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks