What's new

Hk525 (1 Viewer)

David Connor

Auditioning
Hey y'all, I took advantage of OneCall's offer of the AVR525 for $499 (remanufactured). This has been the best $500 I have spent on my HT. I am having NO problems that it seems so many on here have complained about. My manufacture date is OCT '02.

There is not a scratch one on the whole thing. Looking forward to getting it all hooked up tonight on my new flexy rack that I built this weekend!!

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
Good luck with it. I have had mine for about two months now (and love it). Make sure you keep it in an open rack as they seem to heat up rather quickly.

David Connor

Auditioning
Ya, I noticed the fan has come on more than I expected. But it is sitting in my way open flexy...should have no problems. The next shelf is 7 in off the top of it!

Doug Swallow

Auditioning
I just picked up the HK AVR-525 last week at a local 6th Avenue Electronics store for $633 new and have no complaints about it. DD5.1 is awesome... so awesome had to order some new speakers, too... so we'll see (or hear) come tomorrow or Wednesday how things sound then.

Chris Sherman

Second Unit
I bought an AVR 225 and love it. Cnet gave it an editor's choice award and said it was fully comparable to a Denon 2802($800.00), in sound quality. I used to buy nothing but Onkyo's but after a bad experience with an SR series , I'm now a HK convert. Even the entry level AVR 125 sounds way beyond it's price and also got a rave from Cnet. I got my AVR 225 for $350.00 brand new. I have encountered no problems with my unit at all.

Mauricio_BR

Agent
Guys,

Do anyone knows if HK 525 can drive 4ohm speakers without overheating, overloading or shutting down au LOUD volumes ?

I got a friend that wants to buy it, but he has a complete set of Blueroom´s Minipods and the little suckers are 4 ohms.

Mauricio

Matt Malto

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up an AVR525 last week and I'm loving it as well. I've pretty much always used Pioneer Elite or Denon but I'm glad I gave HK a try. I think I'm going to swap the AVR525 for the AVR7200, but only because the fan on the 525 is driving me crazy. Awesome in every other aspect.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Not sure too much about its ability to drive 4ohm speakers at loud levels. I myself have 8ohm speakers all around. And the fronts are being run full-range. I usually like to watch movies @ -20db to -5db under reference level. When I am done watching whatever it is I was watching, I hear the fan is on a running fast. I personally am not bothered by it because I have never heard it during any quiet scenes.

The 525 does sure feel hot as hell when I am done though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks