What's new

HK The bridge (1 Viewer)

Frank PW

Stunt Coordinator
Hi All, It's been a long time since I posted around here or anyplace for that matter.

The question I have is about The Bridge. I'll post the question if anyone replys to this.

PW

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI

I have to say, that's the strangest thing I've read around here in a while. What does it hurt you to just post the question?

Anyway, what is "The Bridge"? Your question may belong in an entirely different area.

Frank PW

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry but it’s a long post and I didn’t want to spend the time explaining the whole thing if nobody around here has one.

It’s basically an i-pod docking station made by HK for their receivers called The Bridge.

The question/problem has to do with getting the on screen display to work.

PW

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to put this post over in the Receivers section where hopefully others who have this receiver/add-on might spot it. :)

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
So "HK" in this case is "Harman Kardon"?

I thought perhaps you were inquiring about the Hong Kong edition of a movie called "The Bridge", in which case you would have wanted the Regional DVD area. Spelling these things out can remove a great deal of mystification and uncertainty.

Frank PW

Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Bob, I wasn't sure where to post it. Hopefully someone has one of these rigs.

Frank PW

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Justin, I knew if I was patient someone would jump in here.

I guess my question has to do with getting the menus and play lists etc to show up on my TV screen. At the moment the only part of the menu that I see is the title of the song that’s playing along with the time remaining. That shows up on the receiver and TV

I’m under the impression that I’m supposed to be able to view and control the Pod just as though I had the thing in my hand. Am I supposed to be able to bring up a list of say,
Play lists on the TV screen and then navigate to one that I want and select it? Or amI wrong about this?

The book that came with it indicates that I can control it like this.
Which is one of the main reasons I bought it.

I can’t even control it with the remote. The i-pod doesn’t respond to any commands.
I have a Harmony remote that does allow me to skip back and forward etc but that’s about it.

This is a 30G color one by the way. I have a Nano as well but haven’t hooked it up to see if there’s any difference.

Hope you can help

Regards
Frank

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Whoops I was in the wrong forum. I thought you were talking about the Ace of Base album of the same name.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks