What's new

HK ARV 325 or 525Z (1 Viewer)

Derek N

Agent
The subject line pretty much says it. Just was interested to hear the opinions on this one.

I have a smallish den so I really don't think I need the extra power. I am currently using Polk RM 6700 speakers so they are not power hungry.

Although I don't mind a returned item if its a good deal, I am pretty picky about cosmetic blemishes. The way I see it, I am going to looking at it for a few years so i don't want a scratch I did not make staring back at me.

The prices are about the same thus the choice.

Derek

Chris Purvis

Stunt Coordinator
well - I bought a refurb'd HK about a year ago and the only thing that is wrong with it is cosmetic. (Based on how it looks I'd guess that it was never sold but got dropped on its face or something because aside from the plastic faceplate the whole thing is mint).

Anyhow, I didn't care about the way it looks, but I believe with HK's refurbished units it's a matter of chance if you get a unit that's cosmetically perfect or not.

Marcel_V

Stunt Coordinator
I got a refurb 325Z from onecall.com and it didnt have a single mark on it, it even still had the protective plastic covering the faceplate. I think its probably luck of the draw how it ends up looking. :eek:

I have a 15x13 room and the 325 gives me plenty of power to spare with a 7.1 jbl northridge setup. I would save the 100 bucks for DVD's or something since you have efficient speakers and a small room like me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks