What's new

Hitchhiker's Guide-When? (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
According to Play 247 (who are usually pretty reliable), the R2 version is due out on 14th January 2002 [amazon.co.uk also states 14th January]. Extras:
The Making of The Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy
Deleted Scenes
Douglas Adams Interview
Tomorrow's World Sequence (Report on Zaphod Beeblebrox Head)
BAFTA Award for Graphic Design, Pebble Mill at One 09-02-1982
"Easter Egg"
My personal favourite version of the Guide is that on the vinyl records (which alas went OOP years ago). The script and pacing were tighter to fit the time confines of LPs, and some of the (admittedly rare) weaker moments from the radio version were excised. However, I'll still be eagerly waiting by my letter box the day the DVD is delivered.
Incidentally, does anyone know a source of information about the London stage show based on HHGTTG?

Howard_A

Stunt Coordinator
I think they should release H2G2 redubbed using actors from the USA...kinda like what happened with "Mad Max".
I'm kidding, of course. :)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
I saw that stage show, Andrew. It was on at the Rainbow Theatre in Finsbury Park. (The place is now the site of some 'Christian' nutcases and in bad repair, but hey ho - that's FP for you.)
I don't remember much at all I have to say. I don't even think we have a program or anything.
I liked those vinyl versions. We used to have them on tape. I thought the backing music was an improvement in most cases but the missing out of the later 'fits' (as the radio eps were called) was a shame as I find the bird people and all that stuff fantastic. The Nutimatic Droids singing Share and Enjoy is a highlight of the whole thing.
:)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Cool. I haven't seen HGttG in years. I'd love to have it on dvd. And that movie version sounds interesting...
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
The Digital Bits say "...the expected street date for the title is April 30th. Would anyone care to guess what else is coming on that day? Warner's 2-disc DVD release of Douglas Adams' The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, as produced for TV by the BBC!"

Cool. Though I think the excitement for the series is generously overlooking the possibility that the tv series was the weakest adaption of the material yet. Particularly the guy playing Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks