What's new

Hitchhiker's Guide Teaser out! (1 Viewer)

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Of course I want this movie to be wildly successful at the box office, along with a sequel or two, but I can't wait for it to come out on dvd. Sure hope they do the dvd right. A "directors commentary" and interviews with the right people could be almost as good as the movie itself. And think of all the products they could market. Hitchhikers towels, Zaphod Halloween masks, blacked out sunglasses. The list is endless (a mixers guild to inter-galactic drinks?). Hope they give it the star treatment.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
A much better quality version of the Internet-only trailer is online:

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=4680

I have yet to read any of the books or watch the BBC miniseries. I only know about HHGTTG because a few of my friends love it. But, I am SO pumped to see this.

This is part of the Internet-only trailer montage, certainly interesting:

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
The more I watch the internet trailer, the more I love it. Pure genius.

Trying to go through the final montage (is there any way to easily advance frame-by-frame on Quicktime), I have to say, excitedly, that "THEY HAVE THE WHALE!". I mean we knew the whale was in it, because Bill Bailey is doing the voice, but it's still cool to see. And there's a small object behind it that looks like it might be a bowl of petunias.

Good catch Thomas on the strange image of the ship's crew. Cosequence of the Infinite Improbability Drive,
perhaps?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Do you have the trailer downloaded to your computer, or are you watching it in the browser? The browser plugin doesn't have as much control.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Hmm, if you have it downloaded, you should be able to advance frame-by-frame pretty easily. Maybe Quicktime Pro (which is what I have) offers better navigation.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
That's probably it. Basic QT has no frame-advance control that I can see - I had to use the slide-bar-thing to control my advance through the trailer.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I'm just moving the slide-bar by clicking the left and right buttons on my keyboard.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Celia: Yes.

When DNA was working on the screenplay, he said it would mostly be the first book, plus at least one scene from the second (the Tank). He also said that it would follow the proud tradition of flat-out contradicting previous iterations of the story, and he created some new stuff (including the John Malkovitch character) specifically for the movie.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Oh my gosh, I had forgotten about the tank. (It's obviously been a while since I read the book - must reread them) I love the tank. Looking forward to that...

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I had no idea they were even making this film until I saw the poster at the theater this weekend when I took my son to see Robots! I need to step in here more often.

Part of me wants them to stay true to the original story... but the other part of me realizes that a lot of people don't have a taste for British humor here in the states and a lot of the funny details in the story wont translate to screen very well. I've seen the television series but always got the feeling it was meant for a select audience.

The musical score in the trailer sounds very "Men in Black-ish" to me, which is a film that didn't live up to its potential IMHO.

So...as you've probably guessed, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too far. In other words... I'm trying not to panic. :D

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
It is from Men in Black. In most cases, trailer music is taken from other sources because the movie score hasn't been written yet.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Oh... :b Thanks ThomasC... I knew it sounded familiar.

Well, after reading the fan Q&A on the website.. I'm a little more at ease. It sounds to me like Garth Jennings has a genuine love for the original stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks