Hitchhiker's Guide BBC Radio Show

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Christopher B, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Christopher B

Christopher B Stunt Coordinator

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I figured there are a lot of like minded people here who may be able to help me.

I ordered the orginal BBC Radio show The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Collector's Edition from Amazon UK. The set was supposed to contain 8 CDs, six for the show and 2 with a documentary about the show and an interview with Douglass Adams. My set had only 7 discs. I was missing the first CD of the set. Amazon told me to keep that one and they would send another set. I just received the other one only to find the same CD missing. They are now saying there is a wide spread issue with the set and asked me to send it back for a refund. Here is my question finally.

Does anyone here have these CDs? I need to find the first CD of the Primary Phase portion. If no one here has them, can you suggest a place, possibly another forum, where I might be able to find it? At this point I could use a couple of Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters!

Thanks

2. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

I don't think copying media is a welcome topic around HTF.

(there are other ways to get a copy of the first CD BTW...not that I would know anything about that)

3. Stephane

Stephane Stunt Coordinator

I have them all on tape from when they aired on a local radio station. Sorry I do not have the answer that you are looking for.

I rented The Hitch hikers guide just the other day and compared to the original audio tape, I did not like the movie. Just to much was missing.

4. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson Screenwriter

Jeffrey Nelson
    The original BBC teleseries is the only way to go...hilarious.