What's new

Hitchcock DVD's (1 Viewer)

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
I've recently found myself on a BIG Hitchcock kick, and I was wondering if there were any of his DVD's out there worth I blind purchase; I already own Psycho, the Birds, and Rear Window, and I have already seen Vertigo.

Any thoughts?

Bryan

Bill Parisho

Stunt Coordinator
No Hitchcock collection is complete without "North By Northwest". Not only is it one of Hitch's best, but think of it as Hitch putting together his best bag of espionage tricks.
Bill Parisho

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
DVD's I own

Psycho
Vertigo
The Birds
Rear Window
To Catch A Thief
Spellbound
Notorious
Rebecca
The Trouble With Harry
Shadow Of A Doubt
North By Northwest.

That's all I can think of. Get the Criterion dvds. Rebecca, Notorious, and Spellbound are out of print as of 12-31-03. The 39 Steps, and The Lady Vanishes are still in print. DVD Empire has Criterion dvd's for 27.97. If you order three you get free shipping. Also, some places still have the Hitchcock Criterion box set called Wrong Men and Notorious Women. I think that's what the name is.

Also, check out this establish...and good... Hitch thread.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=162728&highlight=hitchcock[/url]

David C Lin

Stunt Coordinator
If you like Notorious, you should also look into getting Rebecca and Spellbound. North by Northwest and To Catch a Thief are a couple more good movies.

Thomas Agermose

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas Agermose Jensen
My favourite Hitchcock movies (worthy of blind purchase) in no particular order:
- Vertigo
- NxNW
- Rear Window
- Foreign Correspondent (available in R2)
- Rebecca
- The Birds
- Frenzy

If you like Hitchcock movies you should consider getting Charade, even if it's not his. It's very Hitchockesque.
(The Truth About Charlie DVD has Charade as a bonus. and is a lot cheaper than Criterions edition).

Tanja

Agent
i loved (besides those you already own)

trouble with harry
vertigo
north by northwest
rope (really intelligent movie considering the direction)

and suspicion, one of my faves

as i own about 30 movies i don´t wanna name each as some of them weren´t that great.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
There are a couple of the British Hitchcock’s available on Criterion: The 39 Steps and The Lady Vanishes.

Both are musts for Hitchcock fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks