Hitachi's?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianShea, Feb 14, 2003.

1. BrianShea

BrianShea Auditioning

Are Hitachi TV's good as far as durability and options.
    I am currently building my house, and I will be purchasing a big screen shortly to fit into my "wiring closet" of my living room. BTW my room dimensions will be 15' 9" W by 21' 5" L. What is the optimal viewing distance and height for large screen TV's. And one last stupid question, what are the major differance between 4:3 and 16:9, and is 16:9 the preferred number to look for? Thanks for any input.
    Brian

2. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    For ideas on optimal viewing distance, check this link:

http://www.myhometheater.homestead.c...alculator.html

It's really a matter of personal preference AND quality of the source content. Some people find DVD picture quality good enough to sit really close (maybe

3. BrianShea

BrianShea Auditioning

Thanks for the reply _Man_. It seems that there is a heated debate among the 2 formats. It does seem to make more sense to buy the 16:9 format, as this is the wave of the future. I am lucky and unlucky. Lucky because I am just now building my house, unlucky because I am building my house and replacing a 4:3 set is not in my budget for the next few years. Since I am looking for something to use for years to come the 16:9 makes more sense. Thanks again for the reply.