What's new

Hitachi vs. Samsung (1 Viewer)

Jon Balmer

Auditioning
Hi All, I am trying to decide between the Hitachi 32UDX10S and the Samsung TXM3296HF. Which one would you buy? I will be using it with 60% Directv and 40% DVD. I like the Hitachi but it only has two rear inputs and only one component. What are peoples experience with these sets?

Evan Hartnett

Stunt Coordinator
I have looked at both over the past few weeks and I would definitely go with the Samsung. The Samsung has a better selection of inputs and a flat screen all for around $100 more. I really preffered the picture on the Samsung too, it may look horrible on the factory settings but once it's calibrated it looks great.

I was seriously considering buying the 36" Hitachi until I went and looked at it in the store. I've been watching a flat screen set for a while (and before that was a SOny with a very slight curve) and the curve in the Hitachi screen seemed to distort the image. I was looking at it on the sales floor at circuit city though, so it wasn't exactly the best place to view.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks