Hitachi 65s700 viewing distance

Discussion in 'Displays' started by marc, Dec 22, 2003.

1. marc

marc Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

I just purchased this set from Sears on Saturday and got a great deal, almost $1000 off. It is being delivered tomorrow, but I have a problem. My HT now is in my basement and the viewing distance is 14'. We sold our house over the weekend and in the new house, this set is going into the family room, until the basement is completed. The viewing distance is 8'. Is that going to be too close? I don't want to loose this set, as I said, I got a great deal and I love the set. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays.

Marc

2. marc

marc Stunt Coordinator

/ Anyone?

3. nate n

nate n Stunt Coordinator

That is pretty close. I had the 65" in my room and my viewing distance was about 8ft and it was straining my eyes. Exchanged for the 57" and it was much better. I'd say 10ft and you'll be good.

4. Steve Lumbert

Steve Lumbert Stunt Coordinator

This guy's site is pretty cool and has a viewing distance calculator. There are some new calcs for HDTV that bring the screen pretty close to the viewer.

Viewing Distance Calc

5. marc

marc Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Guys. I think we are going with a different house now and I will have an additional 4', so it will make it roughly 10-11'.