What's new

Hisense unveils largest LED TV (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
I've never heard of Hisense before, so I guess there is a new player in the largest LED TV wars...

Hisense today launched its 110” Ultra High Definition (UHD), WiFi enabled Smart TV at the official opening of its new factory in Atlantis, Cape Town. We are starting to get in the realm of a projection screen here. Also, this is a Chinese company doing a manufacturing plant in Africa?! I guess wages are cheaper there then in China?!

The Hisense XT900 is the largest UHD LED TV currently available. It offers a maximum resolution of 3 840 x 2 160 pixels. There is no mention if this is edge lit, seems like that would be hard, or if it is back lit with zones.

The TV also offers active 3D technology and features a USB detachable camera. I'm not quite sure why I would want a detachable camera though.

The XT900 supposedly does away with remotes as it is controlled via voice. I guess they are trying to one up XBox One?!

At any rate, I'm up to reviewing one.. :)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
South Africa(and its surrounding countries) is the next "South Korea".You'd be surprised what is already made there. There is a reason they hosted the World Cup.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Its in the size realm of a projection screen but I would suspect this size certainly won't be in price realm of even the best projection screen for a very long time, if ever. Especially considering front projection prices have dropped drastically in the last five years and performance has increased considerably. I see this size LED being practical only in a commercial application whereas a front projection system can be made to all but disappear in a standard living room. Very cool LED but with the current state of the front projection industry I really have to wonder if this big TV will even make a ripple in the waters of home theater.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Not only would it be very heavy, but a lot of people wouldn't be able to get it into their house, especially if your theater is in the basement.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Hisense is a sizable name in Australia in those sort of products and there is a major sports arena in Melbourne named Hisense arena.

Another brand that has a hold in lower priced gear is TCL and they tookover the management of a score board of a major field in inner Melbourne, the Melbourne Cricket Ground where football is also played. This field was also a camp for Americans during WW2. TCL tookover the contract held for many years by a local company and upset a guy I knew who lost his Saturday afternoon overtime working this equipment for many years. All about cost.

Another player here is one you may have seen banners for is Kogan, a young Melbourne entrepeneur of Russian-Jewish origin who has his Kogan branded product extra cheap and sells most TV, players and what not but has branched out in small appliances and other major brand names and is in UK now as well. No stores and goods must be delivered at a cost but there are specials and free delivery promos. I use his Blu Ray player because it is Region Free as a default for DVD(common in Australia since the early DVD days) and a code thru the remote for Blu Ray. I also have his 3-D machine but no TV yet to use it. The young man is known for smart sporty cars and appears in the paper getting speeding fines!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks