What's new

Hill St. Blues DVD "Coming Soon"! (1 Viewer)

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
I will be all over this come January 26th 2006!!!!

My all-time favorite show coming to DVD!! I'll try to collect all seasons, even those after Bocho left!

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
IT POURS!!! All three are pre-ordered at DVD Empire. Now if only we can get St Elsewhere, I'll be able to die a happy a man. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
If it's of interest, season one of both Hill Street Blues and St. Elsewhere have been announced for release here in the UK (Region 2) in March, with season two of both shows to follow in June.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member

Is any particular retailer mentioned? I'll buy "St Elsewhere" from another region in a heartbeat since there does not seem to be any interest in R1.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Jeff: the two st. elsewhere seasons are up for pre-order here

LINK

I am tempted to order them, but they gotta be coming soon to R1 aswell right ? I mean C'mon this is ST. Elsewhere!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I hope you all are right about coming to R1 soon. It's impossible to predict, from what I've seen, when a TV/DVD set will be released (R1) after an R2 release. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. Some series have been released in R1 6 months after R2. Then again, I'm still waiting for a few R1 releases that have been in R2 for 2-3 years. Let's hope that "St Elsewhere" falls into the
"6-month" or sooner catagory.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'm not willing to wait for R1 sets. If they show up later, I'll perhaps buy some later seasons in R1.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I was thinking about it more. St. Elsewhere did have tons of modern day music, even if we get them in R1 they might be missing alot of it. For Example Ally Mcbeal is yet to reach R1 because of all the music. I own the R2 sets of that show and they are terrific. So i guess i am gonna go ahead and order the R2 and if R1 is announced in the meantime and intact i will just cancel the other order.

I Gotta Have This Show!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hi there, Oscar...long time!

Whats left to say? We're 22 days away from Hill Street Blues - The Comlete 1st Season from streeting. Complete details and cover art is here. Once that comes out, we'll see if sales can convince Fox to do more seasons of that, and hopefully St. Elsewhere as well.

I can't urge fans strongly enough to pick this up! $27.99 at Amazon, a couple less at DVDPlanet (both cheaper than DDD!), and expected to be in stores at Best Buy and Target among others, probably right around $30-ish (give or take a couple of bucks). There's no reason for anyone to skip this set, as far as I can tell. Only a really really bad review would stop me now! :)

Be careful out there!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm getting it for sure, loved the show, it was a trend setter, I wonder how the Transfers will look since on TV Land there were some awful looking transfers..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks