What's new

Hiil Street Blues (1 Viewer)

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe
I've watched the first two discs and, while the video isn't perfect, I wouldn't give it a 1.5/5.0. This isn't Star Wars, it hasn't been through digital enhancement or restoration... It's a 20+ year old TV show.

For what it is, I'd give it about a 3.5

The show on the other hand is the finest ever produced. Absolutely wonderful.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Dave S: Thanks for that info on Caruso. I didn't remember that appearance in the series. Cool. I agree on the Dennis Franz cover thing. Interesting how that's done with some of the TV/DVD covers :D Same thing happened with Universal's Region-2 Bionic Woman S1 set. Some of the pics on cover were from S3.

But, for Hill St, man, I'm "dancing around the PC" as I type this that it's finally released. :emoji_thumbsup:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hey! "Dancin' aroudn the..." ANYTHING at the HTF, especially sans clothing, is trademarked and copyright David M. Lambert!!!

j/k :D

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Uh, that's right Dave :D

"My lawyer will be talking to your lawyer" :D

We'll settle out of court with BBQ at Leonard's :D

Back to a "serious" note :) , I'm beginning to have more and more optimism about this TV/DVD thing, as more and more of the older series are getting releases. What a start to '06! :emoji_thumbsup: I got H.S.B. in the mail this afternoon...savoring over it on the counter before I watch the 1st ep :laugh:

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe
It's #32 on Amazon DVD today, #37 yesterday. I don't know anything about the Amazon rankings... Is that good?

Doug_B

Screenwriter
As I found yet another double-sided TV series in my collection that has a section of skipping / freezing, and it's just the second time I've handled this disc, HSB will have to be a rental for me.

Doug

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I watched the entire season and I found no problems. This isn't a Universal DVD-18 so the odds against defects are a lot better.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Two comments from this viewer:

1. I had a few audio issues with the discs. Some static over some lines on disc 2 and the occasional phone or piano changing keys mid sound throughout. Very odd.

2. The commentaries aren't great. But there was Bochco calling David Caruso and asshole. How great is that? And at the final cast gathering on disc 3, there was zero mention of Travanti by anyone. Interesting, indeed.

Richard Ringenbach

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't refer to the video quality,when I said I was disappointed,I was referring to the packaging problems; scratches,fingerprints,and broken hubs,which isn't like Fox! Fortunately,I didn't have any problems with playing the disks.The show looked as good as it did when it aired.I will buy future seasons,I just hope they solve the packaging problems.

Richard A Ringenbach

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks