What's new

Highway To Heaven(UNCUT) Sn. 2? (1 Viewer)

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
IntoIt said:
Season 3 review. A little better. All but three episodes are uncut.
Well isn't this an interesting turn of events?! With season 2 containing edited episodes and the disclaimer removed from the S3 cover, I thought for sure that season 3 would also contain syndicated cuts?! Looks like my runtime comparison can be thrown out the window as it appears the A&E runtime most certainly includes the bonus features, I was under the impression that it was only for the episodes?!

Great to see uncut episodes but what is up with the 3 edited episodes?! These releases just get weirder and weirder- s1 uncut, s2 edited, s3 mostly uncut, who is supplying Mill Creek with the episodes and do they know what they are doing?! Hopefully this means that s4 & 5, which will be making their debut on DVD soon, will also contain uncut episodes?! It would be great if Mill Creek decides to release a complete series set down the road, if they could look into getting the uncut versions for S2 for that release and then also offering replacement discs for those that purchased the S2 release?! I know its wishful thinking but one can hope, faith afterall is one of the central themes of this series! ;)

gordonraisley

Auditioning
Real Name
Gordon
What's the point of re-releasing Highway to Heaven (or any other show, for that matter) if it's just going to get the same edited DVD treatment as the original studio? Here's hoping Mill Creek will re-release HTH again (and I'm not saying they are) with not only ALL Uncut episodes, but a complete series set as well. No sense in re-releasing a show season by season.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
gordonraisley said:
What's the point of re-releasing Highway to Heaven (or any other show, for that matter) if it's just going to get the same edited DVD treatment as the original studio? Here's hoping Mill Creek will re-release HTH again (and I'm not saying they are) with not only ALL Uncut episodes, but a complete series set as well. No sense in re-releasing a show season by season.
That's does not appear to be Mill Creek's model. They seems to like to pick up series previously released because there is no work to be done and quickly turn them around at a big discount from how the original release was priced. They just hope to catch those that found the original pricing too expensive. In some cases newer or more complete prints may fall into their lap. I can see them putting out a full series release, but not going back and trying to secure other prints.

Only hope is that someone with a bigger budget picks it up some day with the intent of going to HD and remasters from the original film elements.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
hi brad,

i am willing to put my foot in my mouth on yet another one.

we will get an unedited blu-ray of hth.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
jimmyjet said:
hi brad,

i am willing to put my foot in my mouth on yet another one.

we will get an unedited blu-ray of hth.
That will be great. I hope it happens. But until then I will have these DVDs to enjoy. And if it happens at some later time I can enjoy it again from a new perspective, similar to LHOTP. And if it doesn't...well, I'll still have these.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Has anyone purchased the S4 set? I would to love know if the episodes are unedited, same for S5. I'm probably going to get the complete series once the price comes down since I only have the first two season edited released from A & E.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks