What's new

High Noon (1 Viewer)

David Brass

Agent
The version of this film available at Amazon.com the collectors edition, is in standard format 1.33:1. Is this the original aspect ration of this film?

Is there another edition of this coming out soon that I should wait for or is this the one to buy?

Thanks in advance.

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
Yes, it's OAR, and there are other versions, but they're all bad. There are some shots in the current version is so contrasty that when I saw it, I thought the movie was filmed with some sort of weird filter or film stock. Turns out it wasn't, the DVD is just that bad.

I'd return it if I could.

-Reagan

David Brass

Agent

You have this version and it's that bad?

I rented it from Netflix a while back and I didn't notice that the DVD was particularly bad, although I have never seen this one in a theater so I had nothing to compare it to.

Anybody else want to weigh in on this before I don't buy it?

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Here are comments on the various versions of High Noon by the esteemed Mr. Robert Harris. These are excerpted from his 10/28/2002 column at thedigitalbits.com.
I bought one of the earlier versions of High Noon, but I won't buy The Quiet Man even though I'd like to, because Artisan puts out a lot of garbage. I think High Noon is watchable, but is way too processed. Too bad Warner doesn't have it.

Werner_R

Stunt Coordinator
Paramount is releasing a High Noon SE in R2 in april. No specs known as of yet, maybe this will be a better release than the R1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks