What's new

HIGH GAIN SCREEN FEEDBACK ? (1 Viewer)

steveGamble

Stunt Coordinator
Love to hear some feedback from folks who have experience with HIGH GAIN ,, high power,,screens.
I'll be with a panny ae900u.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
What screen are you considering? You mention 'high power', do you mean that in general, or do you mean the dalite high power screen? That's a great match for a lot of situations and displays, and very affordable. Would probably work great, and no any significant hotspotting in my experience.

steveGamble

Stunt Coordinator
Yes I was going to order the Da Lite High Power. 106" pull down, + cut it and frame it to a 99" frame.
This will be my first screen.
I love a BRIGHT picture.....even at the sacrifice of the best blacks.
Don't know about hot spots.
But we are 3 seats centered to the screen 11 feet back, projector is shelf mounted 17'6" back close to dead center of screen.

The retailer was suggesting high contrast matt white, as a popular screen.
BUT......I was wondering what other users thought, who have seen the High power in motion.
I hear bright vibrant colors, narrow cone view...not that narrow..like 30 degrees??

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Yes there is a viewing cone, but it's not that narrow from my recollection with this screen. 3 seats wide should be fine. If you were way off to the side it would be a lot dimmer than a matte white, but it doesn't sound like that's the case. It will make an excellent screen.

steveGamble

Stunt Coordinator
Great to hear Chris.
I like a bright Image...kind of like making a LCD look like a DLP, with a gain in the screen.
I saw a sharp DLP projector, with a bright image on a matt white screen and was instantly, wow'd..and wanted to get a screen that would brighten up the image from a Panasonic ae900
which was not near as bright as the DLP Sharp DT100.

I hope the High power will not blind me...just a little boost in brightness, and color.

Can ANYONE compare the gain with the matt screen, I mean in real terms?
Does it shine like a TV ? Or is this simply a little extra brightness in the picture.
a little more color sturation ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks