Hiding songs in iTunes library (without deleting)

Discussion in 'Computers' started by MarkHastings, Apr 23, 2005.

1. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

The reason I ask is, I just bought an iTrip and you have to load an MP3 for each tuning station. There are 103 of these MP3's! [​IMG]

The thing that bugs me is, they show up in my library and I'd rather not have them show up there, yet, if I delete them, when I plug in my iPod, they'll be deleted from the iPod and I won't be able to access those MP3's for radio tuning.

Is there any way to get these songs out of my library, yet still be available in a playlist??

2. SteveLa

SteveLa Stunt Coordinator

If you set your preference in iTunes to manually update the playlists on the iPod (as opposed to automatically synchronizing) then you don't have to worry about the songs on the iPod being removed if they are no longer in your iTunes library.

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I had the same problem Mark. I just deleted everything except 87.9 and LED off. Maybe this won't help you but just fyi:

4. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

I was thinking of that too, but I'd hate for the day when I can't get 87.9 to work and need another channel. Oh well, I guess I can live with things as is.

Thanks for the FAQ, it's kind of the opposite of what I need, (it's a way of having stuff on your computer and not your iPod) but that's still interesting to note. I took out a ton of classical stuff that I didn't want on my iPod, but I guess I can put that back in my iTunes library and uncheck them all so they don't get put onto the iPod. [​IMG]