What's new

Hi Def A/V Pack questions for X-Box... (1 Viewer)

Scott O'Keeffe

Stunt Coordinator
Some questions regarding connection to my HDTV:
1) With this accessory, will games be "upconverted" to 1080i before games are truly released in 1080i? (I know DVD's won't be)
2) My t.v. locks into full with progressive signals. Will all games that are 480P be widescreen? If some will not, will it be easy to hook up a s-video connection to bypass the progressive signal
furious.gif
, or will I need to buy the other a/v pack? In other words, is there a straight s-video out?
I know 1080i/720P supported games will be widescreen, but the 480p signals scare me a bit. I know that most 480p signals are widescreen, but I also heard there's a spec for 480p 4X3. If this is the case, I hope bars are encoded on the material.
I can't believe I just preordered this fuckin thing. This madness has to stop!
idea.gif

Oh yeah, I ordered Halo, Project Gotham and NHL Hitz, anyone know what the specs are for these? 5.1, widescreen?
Thanks in advance you crazy gamers!
Scott

Gary King

Second Unit
All games are 5.1, AFAIK, and everything will support 480p at minimum.
I've also been told that Halo supports 1080i, and it definitely supports widescreen. Bizarre has mentioned 1920x1080i as a goal of theirs for Gotham, too.

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
Where did you hear that Halo supports 1080i? I put off pre ordering an XBox because of the lack of clarity on the HD aspect. Can anyone confirm (with a link) any games that will run at 1080i? HD gaming was a deciding factor in my purchases of a Toshiba 40H80 and I'd like to know if its really going to happen.
jeremy
[Edited last by Jeremy Illingworth on October 09, 2001 at 12:59 AM]

Gary King

Second Unit
A friend of mine who works for Microsoft's first-party game PR firm, and who has spent quite a bit of time playing Halo in the past couple of months.
He mentioned that his latest trip up to Microsoft involved co-op Halo, a big-ass subwoofer, and a 65" Toshiba HDTV.
When I asked him if I should go 480p or 1080i for Halo, he promptly responded with '1080i.'

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks