What's new

Hey Warner! where are the girls? (1 Viewer)

Corey

Screenwriter

they already said they were in the HTF chat earlier this year. it was going under restoration. along with singin in the rain (ultra res) and quo vadis, it should look stunning.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough

SINGIN' IN THE RAIN has already been given the Ultra-Resolution treatment. I think you meant AN AMERICAN IN PARIS which is being remastered now using that process.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
How about an Edna May Oliver boxset or at least a Hildegarde Withers collection. Some movies include The Penguin Pool Murders, Murder on a Honeymoon, Murder on the Blackboard, Laugh and Get Rich, Fanny Foley Herself, Ladies of the Jury, We're Rich Again, and the list goes on. Cracked Nuts and Hold Em Jail would be good too but I think those belong in another boxset dedicated to two men.

Armin Jager

Stunt Coordinator
I somehow always wait that somebody besides me mentions Hedy Lamarr in these wishing threads. Never happens so I guess I'm the only one who would love a set with

Come Live with Me
H.M. Pulham, Esq.
The Conspirators
White Cargo
Experiment Perilous

Maybe Warner could even somehow save Algiers from p.d. hell.
Really nobody beyond me who would love to see such a set? There's even a new docu about her: Hedy Lamarr - Secrets of a Hollywood Star.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

Count me in. I would love to see a Hedley Lamarr set!! ;)

Also, count me in for an Eleanor Powell set. I have only seen snippets of her films, but in these short clips alone her dancing blows me away.

Alan-A

Grip
Well - I guess I gotta put in my 2 cents for Jeanette MacDonald ( and not just her films with Nelson Eddy) She did some great films at MGM without him too -- THE CAT AND THE FIDDLE, MERRY WIDOW, THE FIREFLY, etc.

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly

I'm surprised that Warner isn't releasing a Stanwyck set this year. Isn't it her 100th birthday this year?

Fudge

Auditioning
Real Name
Lee
Didn't one of the mods say there would be a Stanwyck set this summer? I thought I read someone hinting at Warner's plans to celebrate her 100th...I guess an announcement is unlikely so close to her birthday though!

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot
Eagerly awaiting any forthcoming sets about Harlow, Stanwyck, Davis, de Havilland etc. That's practically the only way to get some romantic comedies and tearjerkers released! ;)

Still hoping we will see a Warner Amazon DVD decision soon ;)

Corey

Screenwriter
I don't think a Davis set will be out this year. I'm sure they'll wait till next April for her centennial.

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Miguel M Santos

They could then release more films with that excuse - say a la Garbo.

Also would love to see more de Havilland, Stanwyck, Crawford, Ann Sheridan and Myrna Loy (the ones without William Powell)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Perhaps a "Leading Ladies of the Studio Era Volume Two" consisting this time of previously unreleased titles would be in order.

Regards,

ReggieW

Screenwriter

I certainly hope not.

As a Jean Harlow fan, I would like to buy a Jean Harlow boxset. I'm tired of her films being mixed in with other collections. I'm certain that fans of some of the other ladies also feel the same (Though at least Garbo, Davis, Williams & Crawford have boxsets dedicated solely to them).

Jefty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Fiore
emphatic yes to this whole thread!

I would eagerly buy up Warner sets for:
Stanwyck, Harlow, De Havilland, Margaret Sullavan (they've got enough unreleased titles: Three Comrades, Mortal Storm, Cry Havoc, The Shining Hour, Shopworn Angel--what a set that would make! plus we need a Sullavan set from Universal too!), Ida Lupino, Eleanor Powell, Shearer, Loy, Ann Sheridan, Davis III, Crawford II, Garbo II, Hepburn II (so many thirties RKOs left!), etc...

I'd rather get those movies than eat!

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Miguel M Santos

That would be a great idea, especially for films of stars that are less marketable.

An alternative for some of the titles is to have a Classic Comedies vol 2.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

I hope these two aren't far off. From the last chat it didn't sound like Hedy was even on the radar- and Priscilla and her sisters have a few movies that are steadily inching their way up my most wanted list - especially the two 'Daughters' films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks