What's new

hey screencap monkies (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Hey, when you post caps to area 51, mind throwing up "mirror links" in this thread?

I am planning to "adapt" a film frame into an impressionist style oil painting for my apartment. I'm thinking I'll run a fresco filter in Photoshop and try to paint the results on a canvas at 6 foot wide.

I'm looking for ideas for good frames from films that might make a nice impression on my wall. I'm specifically interested in more "important" or "classic" films- especially thing in the 2.35:1 aspect.

So post your caps here too: if I paint a frame based on your suggestion, I'll buy you a dvd of your choice or something to repay the help!

-Vinnie

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Interesting idea Vince I didn't know you had an artistic bent. And only recently Zen was remarking that my LOTR screenshots looked like bad oil paintings, see you're half way there already.;)

Testy is chock full of screenshots, good bad and ugly (thats in there too).
If there's a particular classic film or image that you had in mind let me know and I'll see if I can snap it for you.

Here's a couple from 2001.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
hERE sTEVE, HAVE ONE OF MY BROWNIES. mELLOW BRO,

Your "screenies" didn't look like "bad oil paintings". WHAT you screened does. Unless, you did some retarded oil paint or water-color thingy within Photoshop. Then, no wonder they look so stupid.

Screenshots on this page look mighty fine.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
So far I'm leaning toward one of these:

I'm thinking about doing some captures but I only have PowerDVD which has crap for options: I would like to do like a series of caps- like every 2nd or 3rd frame for a few second period: anyone have an tips on what to use?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Vince I have just the thing for you...

http://www.softforall.com/Multimedia...re07090036.htm

I used to go thru an entire film looking for the best frames to grab, now I just let that autograbber utility do the work for me. I use smartripper to rip out the vob chapters I want or the entire film, drop them in a folder and let Snatchit grab the frames, you tell it how many frames you want out of each vob, or every how many seconds you want it to snap away, and soon the folder will be filled with jpegs. It can even crop the black borders although I prefer to do that myself, we were talking about it in testy a few days ago, Mark was interested in it.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...23#post2532223

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yes, very.
Although historically questionable (Vermeer and his wife had a good marriage, as far as we know, and she wasn't the unpleasant type portrayed in the movie).

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks