What's new

Hey, guys! There's this new thing called "Home Theater"! (1 Viewer)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Golly gee!
I'm gonna hafta look into one of those dang things! Imagine. A theater in your own home.!
I can't keep up with all this new technology. Thank you FOXNews, for keeping me informed. I guess I'm gonna hafta head down to my local Circuit City and get me some of those Bose Speakers and one of those nufty DiVX units!
wink.gif

------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Wowzers! I think I'll git me one of them-there "home theaters" as well!
wink.gif

At least the last quote is good:
you can watch it in widescreen just as David Lean intended

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Great day in da mornin'! I bes be hitchin' up ol' Bessy to da wagin and headin' down to that fancy shmancy Best Buy an' gittin' me a couple o' KLH squak boxes an' a modurn crystal set fer da missus.
laugh.gif

Dan
------------------
Boycott JVC, 5C, HDCP, DFAST, and stop the MPAA!! Call Or Write The FCC And Your State and Federal Representatives To Protect Quality HDTV And Other HD Media, And Your Constitutional Rights!

Mike Brantley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Brantley
The article seems like a good enough primer intended for people who may not be familiar with the topic. There are more people in that category than you think. As a newspaper writer who has covered personal technology and media, I've had to do my share of stories aimed at the uninitiated masses who get by with VHS and a 25-inch TV. The aim is to keep them from being totally oblivious!
------------------
Mike Brantley
My Theater:
http://homepage.mac.com/mikebrantley/PhotoAlbum.html

My Super-8 Filmmaking Site:
http://www.super8filmmaking.com

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I'm still trying to figure out this sentence:
"For $2,000 to $3,000, you can go as far and wide as you want."
Surely this is misleading! Is he saying I can have the widest available screen, or is he still talking about popcorn machines?

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
while the article is a little light on real technical info, at least the author didn't do any "damage". i'm sure many of us will remember the article in the Seattle paper where the author said she saw no benefit to dvd over vhs, and it turned out she was watching with the dvd player hooked up thru her vcr, since her tv was so old that it didn't even have composite inputs, much less s-video. she had to have her kids hook it up, cause she couldn't figure it out. readers of that article left with the idea that dvd was not worth the hassle and confusion. this from a self described "technical writer" with over 10 years of experience writing in her field.

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
quote:Where can I gets me one of them 106-inch plasma screens, let alone three of 'em?
I'm pretty sure he is referring to electronic drop-down screens for a front projector. I think this is a good introduction for people who don't really know what is out there. It sort of reminds me of the television show on HGTV a few months ago where they showed a variety of home theaters, varying from very simple to a full blown dedicated room.
------------------
Sound InSight Audio Video
My Home Theater Pics
My Equipment List
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks