Heroes: Pre-Season 3 Webisodes

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Richard_D_Ramirez, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Richard_D_Ramirez

Richard_D_Ramirez Second Unit

Like many of you, I was bummed that the fallout of the recent Writer's Strike brought about an early end to Season Two of Heroes. But with the string of excellent superhero films that were released this summer, I had to check on NBC's site for any new developments for Heroes' third installment.

I don' know if the upcoming season was all or in part originally a part of the second half of season two (other than the chapter name, "Villains"), but this season looks to be much better than than the last!

NBC's got several promos for season 3, a webisode, and all of season 2 online. It looks exciting, and I am now clearing space on my DVR!

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

3. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    I hate to say this, but the webisodes to me are almost unwatchable in production values. I mean, the new one "A Nifty Trick" is basically something I could see a group of kids doing for $500 with a camcorder and Adobe Premiere. I mean, I'm glad they make an effort to put out some content, but that's 2:30 that really will never have any impact on the show, and would be better as "fan fiction".

It's hard to have multiple sources of stories with the originator that add nothing to the central plot of the story.

The new trailer looks good.

4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yeah, I wasn't very impressed either. While I know the online comics aren't something that the average viewer is ever going to look at, they can have a huge scope since they aren't limited by budgets.

Like others said though, the commercial for the new season looks very good. I'm hoping the extra time off gave them time to work things out a little better for the coming season.